Mooer Drummer X2

Lysander

Shredder
My, i've been dreaming about this (a small drum machine pedal which can throw intelligent fills) forever. At $150-ish, it would make for a very interesting practice tool.

Very tempted to order one asap. Has anyone tried this pedal already?

The guitar player in the video > that pedal.

I’m far too particular about my drum beats, I need a MIDI editor.

That first vid was annoying AF.

DUDE, you’re demo’ing a drum machine, you might want to bring it up in the mix, at least equal to the guitar, if not LOUDER than the guitar.

DUDE, you’re demo’ing a drum machine, you might want to bring it up in the mix, at least equal to the guitar, if not LOUDER than the guitar.
You don't get it baba -- the only thing holding back my sound is the lack of drum beats. My riffs would sound so amazing and so not-stale, if ONLY I HAD A DRUMMER!!!!!!!!! If I had a drummer, I'd totally sound as good as that guy

I will never get why people want a drummer without a bass player.
Make it a percussion pedal and I'm all fine - but a full blasting drummer and no bass has got to be one of the possible dictionary entries for "meh".

So. Damn. Many. Guitar. Centered. Related. Video. Content. Creators. Do. Just. That! :cuss

Like some of those play along videos where the fucking guitar drowns out everything
else. Yeah. Great job, Buddy! :facepalm

:LOL:

I will never get why people want a drummer without a bass player.
Make it a percussion pedal and I'm all fine - but a full blasting drummer and no bass has got to be one of the possible dictionary entries for "meh".

The Digitech Trio and Trio + do just that. I don't think the Beat Buddy or Mooer do, though. :idk

The Digitech Trio and Trio + do just that.

I know.

Fwiw, I'd quite likely buy something with an onboard drummer (allowing me to import my own MIDI and audio files), an octaver and a decent looper in a hearbeat. Sure, you can slap an octaver in front, but I'd rather not waste blocks, patches and time on that.
I would likely use that all the time.

Fwiw, I'd quite likely buy something with an onboard drummer (allowing me to import my own MIDI and audio files), an octaver and a decent looper in a hearbeat.

Thing is, minus the drum machine... i already have all of that in a small box with the HX line. What i'm looking for is something simple for standalone practicing here.

Very tempted to order one asap. Has anyone tried this pedal already?

Considering that the answers deviated from what was asked I will try to revive this post.
Yes! I have this pedal. I can say that the device is very good. Here are my impressions.

PROS:
● I've had it for about half a year and it seems durable so far. We'll see how it goes in next 10 years.
● No buzzing.
● The sound of the drums is very good. The pedal does not play simulated sounds but real drum samples.
● The variety of rhythms is commendable.
● The variety of possibilities is also commendable. In 11 BANKS and 7 PARTS for each BANK, with a little logic, it is possible to make arrangements for 30-35 songs. If you are not demanding - 50 or more.
● The software is very intuitive.

CONS:
● Failure to respond to questions posted through the official website is serious unprofessionalism.
● Errors in the user manual as well.
● The power plug easily falls out of the pedal.
● The device heats up during use. Not too much, but still.
● Тhere is no MOOER Studio for Android.
● Pedal without foot controller is not for use in a gig. The question is whether this is a criticism because who play gigs (for the money) can buy a foot controller.
● Serious CONS! It is not possible to change the BANKS with the foot even with the foot controller. My friend and I perform in combination of guitar and bass. When I want to change the BANK I have to bend over and do it by hand. Once when we played for distinguished guests and bend over is out of question I brought my laptop to the gig just to avoid changing BANKS manually.

WISHES:
● Instead of the USB cable (which each of us already has) in the package could be a short (30 cm) cable for connecting the foot controller with the pedal. This could also be a commercial success. I believe that every tenth owner would buy or at least consider buying a foot controller. After all, why not both cables? This is not about getting something for free, but about the fact that such cable are rare.
● Through the software, enable the adjustment of the functions of the buttons on the foot controller. Personally - I would immediately set the third button to BANK up.
● Through the software, enable the adding PATTERNS that could be downloaded. Especially because MOOER already made PATTERNS for Hip-pop and disco genres for Groove Loop X2 anyway.
● Serious WISH! Enabling changing drum kits would be great.
● I know I'm asking too much but if wishes were to become reality, I would immediately order two more pieces because it makes this pedal as device for all time. I am not joking. But OK. Let's make it for Drummer X3.

P.S.
Sorry for my Tarzan English. ; )

Last edited:
Considering that the answers deviated from what was asked I will try to revive this post.
Yes! I have this pedal. I can say that the device is very good. Here are my impressions.

PROS:
● I've had it for about half a year and it seems durable so far. We'll see how it goes in next 10 years.
● No buzzing.
● The sound of the drums is very good. The pedal does not play simulated sounds but real drum samples.
● The variety of rhythms is commendable.
● The variety of possibilities is also commendable. In 11 BANKS and 7 PARTS for each BANK, with a little logic, it is possible to make arrangements for 30-35 songs. If you are not demanding - 50 or more.
● The software is very intuitive.

CONS:
● Failure to respond to questions posted through the official website is serious unprofessionalism.
● Errors in the user manual as well.
● The power plug easily falls out of the pedal.
● The device heats up during use. Not too much, but still.
● Тhere is no MOOER Studio for Android.
● Pedal without foot controller is not for use in a gig. The question is whether this is a criticism because who play gigs (for the money) can buy a foot controller.
● Serious CONS! It is not possible to change the BANKS with the foot even with the foot controller. My friend and I perform in combination of guitar and bass. When I want to change the BANK I have to bend over and do it by hand. Once when we played for distinguished guests and bend over is out of question I brought my laptop to the gig just to avoid changing BANKS manually.

WISHES:
● Instead of the USB cable (which each of us already has) in the package could be a short (30 cm) cable for connecting the foot controller with the pedal. This could also be a commercial success. I believe that every tenth owner would buy or at least consider buying a foot controller. After all, why not both cables? This is not about getting something for free, but about the fact that such cable are rare.
● Through the software, enable the adjustment of the functions of the buttons on the foot controller. Personally - I would immediately set the third button to BANK up.
● Through the software, enable the adding PATTERNS that could be downloaded. Especially because MOOER already made PATTERNS for Hip-pop and disco genres for Groove Loop X2 anyway.
● Serious WISH! Enabling changing drum kits would be great.
● I know I'm asking too much but if wishes were to become reality, I would immediately order two more pieces because it makes this pedal as device for all time. I am not joking. But OK. Let's make it for Drummer X3.

P.S.
Sorry for my Tarzan English. ; )
Nicely done. Thanks!

Back