Metronome

Daniel1234

Hi all. I have a technical question. Could the piezo take the sound of the metronome? I'm trying to record in multitrack, i record in internal way. No external microphone. Guitar is connected directly in the soundcard with a jack cable. It is a NTX Yamaha 700. Metronome is enabled only in recording, not in play. Every kind of loopback is disabled, also technical told me that my setting is correct and accurate, but i ear the sound of metronome in the track. I've tryed so many things.. to solve this problem. Now i thought that could be the piezo that (ear metronome and noise) and put it in the track. Would be the only.. Is that possible?

So you want to remove the “speaker” of a metronome? Without a schematic, it’s really hard to give you an answer.

MEtronome shouldn't be on the track. The software isn't set to record the metronome but only the signal that i send to the audio card. I should ear the metronome only in my speaker but it shouldn't be recorded, normally. Something isn't working well. I've always recorded in multitracks in that way. That's why i though if the piezo pickup of guitar, could have taken accidentally the sound of the metronome, and put it in the recording. Would be the only possibility. It's really strange.

MEtronome shouldn't be on the track. The software isn't set to record the metronome but only the signal that i send to the audio card. I should ear the metronome only in my speaker but it shouldn't be recorded, normally. Something isn't working well. I've always recorded in multitracks in that way. That's why i though if the piezo pickup of guitar, could have taken accidentally the sound of the metronome, and put it in the recording. Would be the only possibility. It's really strange.
What DAW are you using?

Try listening to the metronome with headphones
Ok. I'll try. In this case metronome is set to work with the all backing track, is in the software. If i put on headphones the metronome and i want to separate, i put in headphone all the sounds: the amplified sound of the guitar(if anybody use the monitir of effected sound) and the backing prerecorded guitar that is in another track. All in headphones in that case.

Do you think that the "piezo" could ear the metronome if it is in the speakers? So you think the "piezo" could "take" the sound of the speakers? Or is for others reasons?..
I ask this because obviously if i put all in headphones, the output sound of the audio card is directed in another output channel(headphone is separate), could change something also for the audiocard.

Last edited:
Ok. I'll try. In this case metronome is set to work with the all backing track, is in the software. If i put on headphones the metronome and i want to separate, i put in headphone all the sounds: the amplified sound of the guitar(if anybody use the monitir of effected sound) and the backing prerecorded guitar that is in another track. All in headphones in that case.

Do you think that the "piezo" could ear the metronome if it is in the speakers? So you think the "piezo" could "take" the sound of the speakers? Or is for others reasons?..
I ask this because obviously if i put all in headphones, the output sound of the audio card is directed in another output channel(headphone is separate), could change something also for the audiocard.
Yeah, try monitoring everything through headphones to rule out the piezo picking up any sound from the speakers. I don't have too much experience with piezo systems so I may be wrong in saying but I'd imagine sound could resonate through the acoustic guitar and get picked up?

There is also the chance that you may be experiencing crosstalk from the audio interface which is a common complaint about the EVO 4

Hi all. I have a technical question. Could the piezo take the sound of the metronome? I'm trying to record in multitrack, i record in internal way. No external microphone. Guitar is connected directly in the soundcard with a jack cable. It is a NTX Yamaha 700. Metronome is enabled only in recording, not in play. Every kind of loopback is disabled, also technical told me that my setting is correct and accurate, but i ear the sound of metronome in the track. I've tryed so many things.. to solve this problem. Now i thought that could be the piezo that (ear metronome and noise) and put it in the track. Would be the only.. Is that possible?
Dumb question: do you have "metronome playback" turned off in the DAW? Are we talking like "The metronome sounds loud and clear on playback" or "I can just hear a liiiiiittle bit of click in the track". If the latter...headphone it up and see if that improves things. If the former, my guess is its a DAW setting issue.

Are we talking like "The metronome sounds loud and clear on playback" or "I can just hear a liiiiiittle bit of click in the track".
The second. The click blows out and it shouldn't. I just have to discover if: it blowes out because the audio card when you send the sound to the main output directly to the speaker, take a little bit of the noise in input(and shouldn't obviously). Also if the piezo take the sound externally, amplify it.

If the latter...headphone it up and see if that improves things. If the former, my guess is its a DAW setting issue.

There is no DAW setting issue. I've checked it in the forum also.. everybody told that setting is correct. Also in official forum nobody has found an error in settings. My sound card has got a loop back function if you want to use it.. but it's all disabled. How can you see here.

Attachments

• audio.png
    audio.png
    807.3 KB · Views: 2
  • audio2.jpg
    audio2.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 2
  • audio3.jpg
    audio3.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 2
  • audio4.jpg
    audio4.jpg
    476 KB · Views: 2
  • control panel.jpg
    control panel.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 2
  • control panel2.jpg
    control panel2.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 2
  • instrument.jpg
    instrument.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 2
  • loopback.jpg
    loopback.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 2
Yeah, try monitoring everything through headphones to rule out the piezo picking up any sound from the speakers. I don't have too much experience with piezo systems so I may be wrong in saying but I'd imagine sound could resonate through the acoustic guitar and get picked up?

There is also the chance that you may be experiencing crosstalk from the audio interface which is a common complaint about the EVO 4

Yes. I've seen that there are lot of people who have this problem, expecially with my soundcard that i would not buy again... it's really bad and has got a really ridicoluos technical support. Non existent.
Anyway.. if i use headphones.. for sure i should solve the problem of the piezo. With headphone the piezo don't take the sound. This is really useful. Half also the problem of the soundcard-- because i would use a different exit with headphone. I'. trying ... i need a quite long take of time to determinate it, at the moment it seem that i'll have better quality. This is sure. And this is the important. Thanks for the link. I think that my audio card could has got a crosstalk problem.

The second. The click blows out and it shouldn't. I just have to discover if: it blowes out because the audio card when you send the sound to the main output directly to the speaker, take a little bit of the noise in input(and shouldn't obviously). Also if the piezo take the sound externally, amplify it.

There is no DAW setting issue. I've checked it in the forum also.. everybody told that setting is correct. Also in official forum nobody has found an error in settings. My sound card has got a loop back function if you want to use it.. but it's all disabled. How can you see here.
Next steps in troubleshooting for me would be:

Turn the volume on your speakers themselves to zero (or even just power them off). Plug your guitar in as before. Hit record. Don't play anything. See if you can still hear the click. If so, you've ruled out the piezo as the source.

Back