Mesa Boogie back in Europe (late March 2024)

Back to "classic" Mesa pricing I guess.

For a long time they were so expensive that it would have been cheaper to fly from Finland to NY, buy a JP2C, fly back and get a step down transformer than buying one locally.

Back to "classic" Mesa pricing I guess.

For a long time they were so expensive that it would have been cheaper to fly from Finland to NY, buy a JP2C, fly back and get a step down transformer than buying one locally.
It's insane. I'll probably buy one, profile and return then watch Reverb for used ones to pop up at easier to swallow prices ethics be damned. Can't have that much $$ stuck in a single piece of gear.

then watch Reverb for used ones to pop up at easier to swallow prices
Unfortunately Europe is not America and getting it at half the price, or something other reasonable enough, because it's used will never happen.

Was looking for some guitars lately. Half of stuff on Reverb, that's withing EU, is brand new, stores advertising themselves, and used is cheaper just enough to not be worth buying used. Or not cheaper at all.

Unfortunately Europe is not America and getting it at half the price, or something other reasonable enough, because it's used will never happen.

Was looking for some guitars lately. Half of stuff on Reverb, that's withing EU, is brand new, stores advertising themselves, and used is cheaper just enough to not be worth buying used. Or not cheaper at all.
Stuff does come up every now & again.
I got a used but in good cosmetic & working condition Mesa 4x12 Straight OS for a killer price (800 EUR shipped) in the EU about a month ago.

You can find some stuff from time to time but it's mostly older Mesa amps or Rectifiers because there's a ton of them here it seems.

You can find some stuff from time to time but it's mostly older Mesa amps or Rectifiers because there's a ton of them here it seems.
I was talking generally, not specifically about Mesa.
Obviously I have no experience with buying used in USA, but from forum posts it seems fair deals are a lot more common over there. Maybe because guitars are cheaper to start with.
Random example, PRS Silver Sky SE, currently the cheapest used one is 720€. Most expensive one 1090€. Used!
Or you can buy a new one from the store for 780€.
People are insane.

To get back on topic, I presume things will be even worse with Mesa, and having used ones on Reverb being sold for more than brand new will probably be the norm.

I was talking generally, not specifically about Mesa.
Obviously I have no experience with buying used in USA, but from forum posts it seems fair deals are a lot more common over there. Maybe because guitars are cheaper to start with.
Random example, PRS Silver Sky SE, currently the cheapest used one is 720€. Most expensive one 1090€. Used!
Or you can buy a new one from the store for 780€.
People are insane.

To get back on topic, I presume things will be even worse with Mesa, and having used ones on Reverb being sold for more than brand new will probably be the norm.
That's bonkers for sure. Probably 90% of Reverb listings fit that bill unfortunately.

The Mesa cab I got has a funny story to it:

I was looking on Reverb on a Sunday morning for Marshall 1960BV cabs and I see a listing for a Peavey 6505 at 1,400 EUR.

My jaw dropped thinking to myself exactly that (this is insane).

So I open the add just for the giggles and this guy was selling it bundled with a Mesa 4x12 OS (but it wasn't listed in the add title). Exchanged a few messages, made an offer and got the cab.

And that, my friends, is probably the only time that'll happen to me ever - I usually have very poor luck with gear purchases.

Last edited:
Pay backs for Yanks getting ripped on new Marshalls all these years :cuss:rofl
Hope that Mezzabarba will come to their senses and start selling their amps for <2000 euro to Europeans and the regular 3-4k to Americans to balance things out.

Hope that Mezzabarba will come to their senses and start selling their amps for <2000 euro to Europeans and the regular 3-4k to Americans to balance things out.
1709039790131.png

Canadian Mesa prices are pretty bad too, although not as high as that. I don't think I'll be buying a new Mesa ever again. I kind of max out in the high 2K /low 3K range for new amps.

Especially because I found my "forever amp" in the Electra Dyne for $1000 Canadian (used, full-sized head version) and $1200 for my second one (which I didn't mind paying more for because it's the harder to find smaller head version). Just makes spending so much on something new that I'm 99% guaranteeed not to like as much seem like a pretty dumb/useless move.

Call me an ass but I'd much prefer fresh amp designs to a million rehashed lunchbox variations

End the lunchbox trend, they're all still too loud to use at "home volume" anyways :pitchforks

:sofa

Glad yall are getting Mesa back over there at least though

Back