Man, Peter Gabriel sounds GREAT!

DrewJD82

Staff member
The whole band does, as expected, but wow. If there were ever a case of "If you have the ability to do it all live, do it", this is it. I wish the bass were better in this vid but damn those horns sound great.

And Peter just sounds fantastic. Whatever age is showing in his voice is like the fine wine kinda way. I'll be catching the Boston show this Fall, hopefully snagging a beer with @mbenigni when doing so. I'm so much more stoked for this after watching some tour footage.

@DrewJD82 I was listening to his new stuff a couple of days ago and had similar thoughts - his voice sounds a little older, but it's got a smoothness to it and he's still hitting those notes.

It's weird, because I haven't bothered catching up with what he's been doing for years, and then I decided to go and check. Odd coincidence.

Or... subliminal marketing perhaps :LOL:

I still adore the live film of him singing "I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)" back in the 70s.

@DrewJD82 I was listening to his new stuff a couple of days ago and had similar thoughts - his voice sounds a little older, but it's got a smoothness to it and he's still hitting those notes.

It's weird, because I haven't bothered catching up with what he's been doing for years, and then I decided to go and check. Odd coincidence.
I don't think he's put out a new album of originals in over 20 years, so you haven't missed much.

Cool! I wouldn't've figured you for a Peter Gabriel fan. Right on!

My former drummer from the prog band I had in the 00’s got me into him. Showed me a live DVD and I was just blown away with the stage show and musicianship, but what really does it for me with Peter is the sound of his voice, it’s just so pleasing to me. He could read a telephone book to me and I’d soak it up.

@KHAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!!!!!! @TSJMajesty Not sure if you guys saw this, but Jon just went out with the Band Geeks (Richie Castellano from BOC and a a rotating cast of great musicians/people I went to high school with).

It's really f*cking cool seeing stuff like this. It's been awesome seeing Richie out with BOC as long as he has been and then seeing other former classmates via the Band Geeks stuff, but this kinda stuff is REALLY cool. Aside from Richie, in this particular lineup I went to school with both Andy's, the drummer and guitarist. These guys were all playing this stuff just as well back then when they were 17 and 18. I'm surprised the drummer, Andy Ascolese, hasn't been picked up by a bigger artist at this point. The dude's a secret weapon, you'd never know it by talking to him, but he's equally proficient at every instrument he plays and the dude plays like ALL the instruments. He used to pick on me because I was such a Dream Theater nerd back then and he was already passed his 'metal' period and into jazz, he'd play the drumbeat from "Erotomania" while saying "Oh my god we're so good, odd times! Now you shred!" and not miss a beat while talking sh*t. :rofl

The dude's a secret weapon, you'd never know it by talking to him, but he's equally proficient at every instrument he plays and the dude plays like ALL the instruments. :rofl
I had a buddy like that when I was a teen. I was on our back deck blasting my Peavey Classic 50 into the woods, and he knocks on the door, "I play drums man. Wanna get together?"

Few year later we're in a band where he's on bass, then later on I come into his room finding him playing Broon's Bane (Rush) on guitar. Smh

I was really amazed by how good he was in that clip too.

I just finished listening to "So" on the new monitors, and man he kind of came out of nowhere with that album. Most everything before that was kind of experimental, and then he did a bunch of soundtrack work. But then he drops this album with four huge hits on it, and then disappears back into whatever.

I was really amazed by how good he was in that clip too.

I just finished listening to "So" on the new monitors, and man he kind of came out of nowhere with that album. Most everything before that was kind of experimental, and then he did a bunch of soundtrack work. But then he drops this album with four huge hits on it, and then disappears back into whatever.
there was a cool interview Rick Beato did with Daniel Lanois and they taking about So. Worth a listen.

Back