Make your dream grilled cheese sandwich here..

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
I wouldn't call myself a connoisseur of grilled cheese sammy's but my favorite is Gouda and Sharp Cheddar on Sourdough. I also like to dunk it. Usually in something hot and spicy. Typically a concoction of my own that changes almost every time. Oh and must be cut diagonally or it wont taste right.

You?

Grilled Cheese is my go-to when I don't know what else to make. :loveI don't have a go-to or staple method
or approach, though. I like sharp cheddar. I know that. Colby/American/Monterey are melty, but don't
have much flavour. I do like some onions, often pickled, in a Grilled Cheese. Great place to put some
leftover Ham or Brisket, too.

I know what I am having tonight! :LOL:

Grilled Cheese is my go-to when I don't know what else to make. :loveI don't have a go-to or staple method
or approach, though. I like sharp cheddar. I know that. Colby/American/Monterey are melty, but don't
have much flavour. I do like some onions, often pickled, in a Grilled Cheese. Great place to put some
leftover Ham or Brisket, too.

I know what I am having tonight! :LOL:

Good point on the meats. I have done that also. I havent tried chicken yet but I bet it's good too.

We’ve got a gourmet grilled cheese joint down here that has made many hangovers a pleasurable experience for me….or less-terrible, anyway.

As basic as it is, my favorite grilled cheese is still yellow American with tomato slices, dipped in tomato soup. All the “good” cheeses I generally prefer with other ingredients, but American is savory enough it does the grilled cheese good ‘nuff for me.

That said, every time I go grocery shopping I grab a block of extra sharp white cheddar and just eat it like a candy bar over the course of a couple days. I f*cking love cheese.

Luv me some grilled cheese Sammie’s. Try some dill pickle flavor mustard on one side for the win…
John Stamos Kiss GIF by Grandfathered

Amen! I'm living vegetarian since quite some time (not dogmatic, though, when on the road, I do occasionally eat meat, in case it's part of a catering and good quality), had some plans to go vegan, but cheese (and somewhat joghurt, too) spoils those plans. Just love it!

Cheese and sour cream are the only reasons I won’t go full plant-based again (I won’t say the v***n word). I did it for 5 years and the health benefits are absolutely worth it, getting ready to jump back in because I’m gettin f*ckin’ fat! But not going to torture myself again. While I did get to the point I no longer craved the majority of things I ate previously, cheese and sour cream was like checking out other chicks/dudes when you’re in a relationship.

After all sorts of experimenting with different ingredients and different cooking methods, I’ve decided I don’t think anything is better than the good old classic - 2 pieces of bread, sharp cheddar, butter on the outside.

I like bread that is a little dense. It gets more crispy and dunks better.

I am also a big fan of corned beef, Swiss cheese, and thousand island dressing in the middle and mayo on the outside

we do one we call a grilled cheese jose, after my old cook jose, who showed me how to make it.

tastes like pizza, no kidding.

provolone, pesto, tomato and sourdough. make sure you burn the cheese when you grill it and DON'T peel it off.

Some of these sound delicious. Thanks.

I like a bit of garlic powder sprinkled on the outside when grilling. A slice of American cheese along with some sharp provolone and bacon. Usually regular white bread but it's great with sourdough.

Sometimes with white bread, for extra crunch, I grill the inside before I put everything together.

Bonus points if you do it on a real grill rather than a frying pan.

As Bob said, diagonal cut is a must. Some french fried onions in there never hurt either.

Last edited:
Back