Madonna Concert was Insanely LOUD!

I wonder what her motivations have been like in the last 30 years. I can totally understand a young Madonna in the 80’s seraching for stardom and once she had it, she did some pretty cool stuff in the 90’s, I LOVE those tunes “Frozen” and “Baby’s Got A Secret”. Stuff like that lends itself to thinking the actual music was a motivator since those tunes stood apart from the rest of pop music at the time. She didn’t really start jumping into trends until she entered rave-era Madonna.

Pretty much everything after 2000 I could chalk up as an attempt at relevancy.

Last tune of hers that I thought was "good" (for what it was) that Four Minutes song. Back in early 00s?

I still think it would be low-key cool as fuck to do some kind of Modern Rock
interpretation of some Madonna tunes.

:sofa

We've been working up a cool cover of Prince's "When Doves Cry" that sounds
nothing like Prince except for the familiar melody and lyrics.

We do Material Girl. I love it actually :bag :sofa :ROFLMAO: Biggest issue for me is her later stuff is 95% all synth and requires a LOT of work to get going to be "faithful" to the original. Prince stuff is hard af to do for some reason? We've done 1999, Let's Go Crazy and Raspberry Beret and done them fairly faithfully but they always seem to fall a bit flat. I would love to Doves or Little Red Corvette but those are hard to recreate.

Last edited:

WoW! Great minds think alike, and all that..

I've been working on a cover of "Alphabet Street" using a Mesa Boogie Rectifer amp for the guitar parts.

1708029856327.gif

What happened to aging gracefully? :idk These damn fools that cling to their youth in acts of
total embarrassment have icons like Bette Davis rolling in her grave looking for another smoke. :LOL:

On the other hand, Dolly Parton is a goddamned national treasure. I guess the line is whether your plastic surgery makes you look "amazing for your age" or "like a fucking lizard person".

On the other hand, Dolly Parton is a goddamned national treasure. I guess the line is whether your plastic surgery makes you look "amazing for your age" or "like a fucking lizard person".

Honestly, they look like they have the same plastic surgeon.

Cherish era Madonna will forever live on in my pre-teen imagination. 🔥 :rofl

Got nothing but respect for her catalog of bangers. Can’t fight time, or gravity :ROFLMAO:

This reminds me of that time I went to a Tool concert without ear protection ... uncomfortable to say the least. Wanted to see them live so much but left mid-concert. Slash with Miles was similar ....

This reminds me of that time I went to a Tool concert without ear protection ... uncomfortable to say the least. Wanted to see them live so much but left mid-concert. Slash with Miles was similar ....
Molly Hatchett for me .
Saw them in a small bar in the late 70’s.
My ears rang for a few days 😞

Back