Luminite Graviton M1 -> H90 USB question

bsewell

I have a small pedalboard with an HX Stomp w. CME WIDI connector and an Eventide H90 with midi ports blocked. I am trying to connect to the USB midi input but am not having any luck...

The HX Stomp connects instantly, so Graviton is sending out signal correctly.

For Graviton - I've tried setting as USB Host and USB device and have tested the USB C and USB A ports with the provided cable (yellow) and a working data-enabled USB C connector. H90 - I've tested an external aux switch that correctly updates parameters. I can configure the same trigger to fire from MIDI then a CC#. I've matched the numbers correctly in the Midi Settings on Graviton and H90.

What USB output should I use? Does USB Midi trigger out of Graviton?

Is there a way to view midi activity from Graviton, specifically coming over the USB output?

Is there any documentation explaining how to set this up?

Any chance that Bluetooth would send MIDI at some point?

My biggest problem is that I have NO space to plug physical midi cables in.

Regards,
Bill

For Graviton - I've tried setting as USB Host and USB device and have tested the USB C and USB A ports with the provided cable (yellow) and a working data-enabled USB C connector. H90 - I've tested an external aux switch that correctly updates parameters. I can configure the same trigger to fire from MIDI then a CC#. I've matched the numbers correctly in the Midi Settings on Graviton and H90.

Hi ! The Graviton M1 should be in USB Host mode:
  • On the Graviton M1: Settings > USB > Host > Restart to take effect.
  • Connection: USB-A (on the M1) > USB-C (on the H90)
  • Important: You need to power the M1 with a 9V Adapter (not the USB C port) because either the USB MIDI or USB Host MIDI port can be used at one time, not both. (Manual page 9)
What USB output should I use? Does USB Midi trigger out of Graviton?
Is there a way to view midi activity from Graviton, specifically coming over the USB output?
Is there any documentation explaining how to set this up?

USB MIDI is enabled by default; no setting up is needed.
All MIDI messages sent from 5-pin MIDI, USB MIDI, and Bluetooth MIDI are identical. You can turn each port on or off in the Settings > MIDI menu.

Any chance that Bluetooth would send MIDI at some point?

Your M1 is already sending Bluetooth MIDI to your WIDI Master connected to the HX Stomp.

Note: The M1/M2 USB Host port works fine with ‘pure’ USB MIDI devices (e.g., Strymon, Zoom). However, some devices have multi-purpose USB ports (MIDI, Audio Interface, Mass Storage, data communication, etc.), which can be difficult to detect the MIDI part of it. I’m still working on improving the software for such cases.

Back