Look at all those knobs and switches on the front and backside!

Most head is good head. Even when it kinda sucks.

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

After seeing how responsive Dave is to customers. If this amp doesn’t quite do it, I may discuss in-house mods with him.

That’s a killer price. I’ve dug the BE100 models ive played, and kick the tires on buying one myself not too long ago.

I flinched again over the weekend on a SW demo unit of the SSv2 for $3,850. Gone before I could talk myself into it. Being a tight ass isn’t a good thing if you’re looking at Friedman amps :ROFLMAO:

That’s a killer price. I’ve dug the BE100 models ive played, and kick the tires on buying one myself not too long ago.

I flinched again over the weekend on a SW demo unit of the SSv2 for $3,850. Gone before I could talk myself into it. Being a tight ass isn’t a good thing if you’re looking at Friedman amps :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I just couldn’t say no. Hopefully it’s as good as I expect.

BE-100 DLX arrives Friday y’all. But I will be moving over that weekend so tone reports may have to wait a bit. I’m kinda nervous. I’s the most I’ve ever ponied up for gear. I’ve hit 2.4K a few times and even 2.9K on a POS but beautiful Les Paul I sent back immediately but cracking 3K on one unit is a first for me.

BE-100 DLX arrives Friday y’all. But I will be moving over that weekend so tone reports may have to wait a bit. I’m kinda nervous. I’s the most I’ve ever ponied up for gear. I’ve hit 2.4K a few times and even 2.9K on a POS but beautiful Les Paul I sent back immediately but cracking 3K on one unit is a first for me.

Don't worry! It will be great! They are fantastic amps!

What weren't you happy with with other amps that you expect this one to work out for???

What weren't you happy with with other amps that you expect this one to work out for???
Excellent question. For me it’s really about the feel and tactile feedback as well as…

I am a Hi-Fi junkie from long before I started playing guitar or when CD’s were available. When record players, reel to reel and tape decks were our playback or recording systems. EQ was a necessary tool. I had a very sensitive ear for higher pitched frequencies and I had a knack for tuning systems for my Army buddies. The same was true when I took up guitar. I spent a lot of time honing popular amps to sound as good live as when mastered.

Over time, I learned that some amp builder’s thought like me. So I hunted them down. I believe that the rack and modeling era put things under a microscope and led to a greater focus in amp development.

And so here we are, I continue to look for an amp that deliver’s “in my head tone” while feeling great and being interactive.

It’s better than it’s ever been whether through amps, pedals or modelers. At least that’s how I describe it to myself.

😉

Back