Lets talk Noise gates and routing 4cm

cragginshred

Roadie
I have a G string decimator by ISP. I tore up my board and cannot figure out how to rout it 4cm (pre and post) to my HX FX and the amps send return cables.
Also anyone try the new decimate mini gate? Looks like it only goes before the amp?

I have the mini and it uses a stereo 1/8' TRS to 2 x 1/4" TS cable for its loop.

Guitar into main 1/4" input of the mini, then the RED side of the pigtail cable (guitar out) goes to the first pedal in your amp chain. (pre)

The BLACK side of the pigtail goes to the SEND of your amp's fx loop. Finally, the main 1/4" out goes to your first time-based effect(s) which terminate back to the amp fx loop RETURN .

When I figured out the correct routing for me I documented the signal chain in M$ OneNote for occasions just like this.

:beer

Last edited:
There's a special cable for it. I tried it once in 4cm and I did not like it. It's just sat there on my pile. I do think it's great in front or in the loop.

There's a special cable for it. I tried it once in 4cm and I did not like it. It's just sat there on my pile. I do think it's great in front or in the loop.
I think it's an aux cord 😶

Note this is me doing 0 research but going based off what seems many years ago 😂

I think it's an aux cord 😶

Note this is me doing 0 research but going based off what seems many years ago 😂
It's an oddball 3.5mm trs to dual 1/4 ts? I need to look at again when I get back to the jam room. It just sits there on the pile as it is now.

Back