Let’s try this again. NAD: 5150. Peavey. script Logo.

greatmutah

Roadie
First off, I want to say I gave the Iconic a bad take last time. I did try one at GC today when I bought this. I could get them close. But I liked this more.

It may look ugly and used but it’s awesome. Quiet in terms of noise, controls all work and the sound… it’s the sound I wanted. Got it home and boosted the green with my SD-1 and it’s perfect. It’s not the most versatile amp. But the things it does, it does well. Might do some work on the grill and fix that up. Needs some rubber feet. But I wanted a certain type of sound from a hard rock and metal amp that I didn’t currently have. Now I do.

Last edited:
my man lol GIF by Steve Harvey TV

First off, I want to say I gave the Iconic a bad take last time. I did try one at GC today when I thought this. I could get them close. But I liked this more.

It may look ugly and used but it’s awesome. Quiet in terms of noise, controls all work and the sound… it’s the sound I wanted. Got it home and boosted the green with my SD-1 and it’s perfect. It’s not the most versatile amp. But the things it does, it does well. Might do some work on the grill and fix that up. Needs some rubber feet. But I wanted a certain type of sound from a hard rock and metal amp that I didn’t currently have. Now I do.

Right on, you vibed with victory…
You likey can coax some killa’ tones with different
cabs & speaker’s.
You found the weapon.
My suggestion??
Hang onto it & the vibe you recently experienced.
Harnessing THAT coupled with that beast of an
amp, good stuff’s gotta happen when you bust it out for what it does🤘🏻
-like Charles Bronson taking it to the streets💪.
Congrats!!

rad as fuck amp. I hope it gets a suitably awesome cab. Congrats
It lives atop the Crate for now which lives atop my 1960A with Greenbacks. And honestly, I’m loving the sound. I don’t have the room for too many other cabs and my other one is a Metropoulos 2x12 with Creamback 75s. Which I’m sure I’ll pair it with sooner than later. But the greenies sound great and can handle a good volume without me pushing them too hard. Don’t want to run them super high because 120 watt amp vs 100 watt cab but for home jamming it’s fine. Maybe I’ll start slowly investing in Creamback 65s for the 1960A.

That's awesome, congrats!

Thanks man! The EVH was cool but this is my home base for 5150s. Missed having one after so many years.

It’s the see-through model. It’s a great amp. Congrats, bro.

It is! But the grill isn’t bound to anything so it’s just kinda free floating. If I don’t do the full wood back panel, I’ll at least get some blocks of the right depth to staple to the ends of the grill and maybe get the logos off Etsy and bolt them to the outside. Maybe run some LEDs to the top of the headshell and have a separate plug for em for fun.

You should have bought the Crate too!!

Oh that Crate is mine! Along with the Orange. I bought the Crate a few years back for like $150. It’s actually a decent all rounder amp! Of course for old school death metal tones it’s top of the heap. A buddy owns a VH140C and I’m probably going to buy that from him. I’ve got a soft spot for Crate and Ampeg solid state amps.

Oh that Crate is mine! Along with the Orange. I bought the Crate a few years back for like $150. It’s actually a decent all rounder amp! Of course for old school death metal tones it’s top of the heap. A buddy owns a VH140C and I’m probably going to buy that from him. I’ve got a soft spot for Crate and Ampeg solid state amps.

Looks like a Stealth. I have 2 of them. :sofa

Definitely grab the vh140c, even after all the amps I have now nothing beats that thing for sheer brutality

Back