K-Line guitars are beautiful

Boudoir Guitar

Rock Star
My Sherwood green 1-piece neck Truxton is incredible. While I don't know that I'd ever pay north of $2500 for a tele, this one with rosewood board in lake placid blue looks to have the same kind of depth/complexity to the color/finish as mine and its giving me GAS like a mother:

I have a couple necks that K-Line finished and dressed for me. They are some of my very favorite at nailing the feel of a vintage instrument.

I will eventually snag one of their teles because the quality just kills.

These used to be Hosco parts guitars but I don’t know what necks and bodies they are now.

These used to be Hosco parts guitars but I don’t know what necks and bodies they are now.
(1) I don’t think he was ever just buying necks and slapping them on bodies.

(2). He’s had his own CNC making his own parts for over a decade now

(1) I don’t think he was ever just buying necks and slapping them on bodies.

(2). He’s had his own CNC making his own parts for over a decade now

The interview literally say " I used third-party cutters for the wood and began building K-Line parts guitars.” but now he makes his own.

100% there are early K-Line guitars that used Allparts necks that were prepped and finished at K-Line. His newer stuff isn’t Allparts.

Those older Allparts guitars are well regarded as far as I know.

Last edited:
IMG_2555.jpeg

and again I quote:" (1) I don’t think he was ever just buying necks and slapping them on bodies." Exactly what he was doing.
You've never massaged a neck and/or body you received from a vendor before putting together a parts guitar? I would assume you'd do that to all of them.

Not sure why we're talking about what he was doing pre-2011, though, given I've never seen even a pre-2014 guitar of his for sale used and I keep my eye out pretty closely.

Allparts are Hosco.
Thanks, I’m aware. It’s just easier to explain to folks that the original K-Line necks were Allparts because when you pull the necks you see the big Allparts neck stamp. Most people don’t know hosco, especially us in the states.

In either event, I would have no reservations about buying an old K-line - Allparts vintage spec necks are great…I believe Fender Japan also uses them for their vintage reissue instruments. The additional work K-line did to dress them up and wear them in truly takes them up a notch.

Back