Just when it was getting quiet, some fool tries to reignite the tonewood debate

Warmart

Roadie
Read the link from Guitar World - a review on the Donner Hush-X headless travel guitar:

“The sound is so good that I’m starting to question whether the expensive exotic tone woods that so many guitarists lust over really make much of a difference”.​

Can't they just stop? :rofl Guess someone's going to keep bringing it up every month or two. :facepalm

I actually want a headless, but the "bars" to sculpt out the body for playability just ain't my thing. :clint

Read the link from Guitar World - a review on the Donner Hush-X headless travel guitar:

“The sound is so good that I’m starting to question whether the expensive exotic tone woods that so many guitarists lust over really make much of a difference”.​

Can't they just stop? :rofl Guess someone's going to keep bringing it up every month or two. :facepalm

I actually want a headless, but the "bars" to sculpt out the body for playability just ain't my thing. :clint
They are just showing themselves up as idiots. How could anyone trust a review that contains this half brained BS.

Ohhh No the Ibanez I ordered has
American Basswood body
My tones are doomed

Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

This is my take on Tone distribution

Technique is big part for sure, id say about ~35%
Next is Gear (amps,cabs, pedals modeling, IR's) you can't do Master of Puppets on a crate amp so ~50%
Guitar Pickups ~9-10% maybe more
Wood, pick and cables ~5-6%

I could be wrong but thats my take

:idk

Honestly, has there ever been a negative product review in Guitar World or Guitar Player? I think by now everybody gets that their reviews are just press releases.

Back