John 5 - amazing guitarist and seems like such a genuinely nice guy

Never heard a single person say a bad word about the guy. Totally sober, too, the dude has never been drunk in his life.

He opened for Queensryche the last time I saw them and it was a killer set, he’s like a more fun Buckethead.

John5 is a Virtuoso, guy can play anything and yes a great person as well

Last edited:
lol Poor Vince i think he should give it up his singing is a far cry from how he used to sing
he also did some really good vocals on his solo album "Exposed" and with Steve Stevens on guitar that album is as good or better than any Crue albums

How the hell do you do that? I've known Mormons who get s**t-faced once in awhile.

I think it was the No Guitar Is Safe podcast where he talked about seeing his sister deal with addiction when growing up and it just hit him in a “No f*ckin’ way” kind of way. That’s actually the story behind that video of Manson kicking him onstage where he throws his guitar off and puts up his dukes like he’s ready to fight; his father was dying of cancer, if I remember right, and he was waiting for the call at any moment that his father passed, right before the gig the TM told him to call home and he assumed it was his father, the TM said “Just call home” and he found out his sister passed then had to go play the gig.

He actually thanks Manson for that because Manson was yelling at him “Put your f*cking guitar on” and while it seemed/seems entirely sh*tty for Manson to do that, John said it taught him ‘the show must go on’ and that he had a job to do.

Funny how stuff like that hits people differently, I saw people around me dealing with alcoholism and drug addiction throughout my childhood and I took it in as “TIME TO F*CKIN’ PARTY!“ :rofl

Had this song stuck in my head all day after seeing this.

Dude is a BEAST. I’ve seen him a few times over the years with Zombie, but caught a solo show when he opened for Queensryche and it was one of the rare times I wasn’t waiting for the opening act to be over (like when I saw Dokken open for Ryche a few years prior).

The dude truly loves playing guitar and while he can be a bit more robotic/perfect than I prefer at times, any dude as nice as he comes off with those abilities deserves all the credit in the world!

Really anxious to see what he uses for a rig for Crue gig, obviously it’s going to be Marshall but I wonder if he‘s going to try to cop Mick’s tones or just do his own thing.

Back