JHS 3 series pedals

Musicknurd

Groupie
I’m sort of interested in giving these a try. They are pretty damn cheap on the used market. But so are Joyo.
What is the general consensus with these pedals in terms of price/quality? I’ve only ever owned a Morning Glory and I was extremely unimpressed with it considering it’s a fairly ubiquitous pedal.

Should I just get a Joyo clone and screw josh out of my $70?

I like Josh' YT channel generally speaking. I had the 3 series delay and it was about as boring as you could get. Enclosure looks matter, if nothing else :idk

I like Josh' YT channel generally speaking. I had the 3 series delay and it was about as boring as you could get. Enclosure looks matter, if nothing else :idk
I also like his YT channel, for what it’s worth.

I might be in the minority but I sort of like the plain aesthetic.
Now having said that, I’m really only interested in the TubeScreamer one and the original tubescreamer is a fucking eye sore.

I think the white finish could certainly be cool but it looks a generic soup can label from 1987.

The delay sounded fine but I would have preferred a used DD-something or other. The TS probably sounds good I bet.

I think the white finish could certainly be cool but it looks a generic soup can label from 1987.

The delay sounded fine but I would have preferred a used DD-something or other. The TS probably sounds good I bet.
I played a show with a steller artist named Theo Katzman and he was using the 3 series reverb and delay. He sounded amazing, but I’m sure he would sound that good regardless of what he was using.

Walrus Audio just released a similar line of foundational, no frills pedals.

Sliders…yuk
I like the dark mode tho.

I’m sort of interested in giving these a try. They are pretty damn cheap on the used market. But so are Joyo.
What is the general consensus with these pedals in terms of price/quality? I’ve only ever owned a Morning Glory and I was extremely unimpressed with it considering it’s a fairly ubiquitous pedal.

Should I just get a Joyo clone and screw josh out of my $70?
I think it depends on which one. The Rat clone is cool, the plate reverb is cool. The chorus, meh.

The 3-series chorus I thought was OK, but if I was going budget chorus it would be the TC Electronic 3rd Dimension or a used Boss CE-2.

The whole series is pretty basic but I guess that's the point and each of the effects are pretty solid. Well built, high quality, made in the midwest. Buy used and flip it for the same price if it doesn't float your boat. None of them I've tried jump out as a "need-to-have", but if you want to check out an effect you've never used, or you need something for a project and don't wanna drop standard pedal coin, these are great. If you get more than one, I recommend using a sticker or sharpie to distinguish one from the other. From 6 ft up, my old eyes cant read that text. :LOL:

ippk7Dgl.jpg

I also like his YT channel, for what it’s worth.

I might be in the minority but I sort of like the plain aesthetic.
Now having said that, I’m really only interested in the TubeScreamer one and the original tubescreamer is a fucking eye sore.
Lmao. Am I on the other place right now or...?

“How can we get in on some of that 3 Series action without it being considered a blatant rip-off?”

“Change the knobs to sliders?”

“Brilliant!”

The lack of originality in the pedal market is amazing. That said, I dig any company that releases shit that is not obscenely priced.

One of the first JHS Shows I saw he was talking about how he loved that in the 90’s you could walk into any music store and find a bunch of pedals for under $100, usually DOD’s, that would provide you with all the basic effects without having to spend an arm and a leg and the 3 series was basically supposed to be that.

I can’t argue against that very much!

#Behringer

Literally 20% to 30% of the price of a new JHS 3 series. :idk Which means that the
3 stands for 3 X as much as a Behinger, but with less selection and features. Must be
the metal enclosures. :LOL:

Back