Jason Tong / Headfirst Amplification

@Burger love your YT videos! I have learned a lot watching them. I also want to build an amp from scratch using your board and probably start with the 2204 like you suggested.

I also posted this to Santiago's section, but I recently picked up a used Marshall DSL100H that I believe was manufactured in 2016. Would you know what the bias recommendation is on this amp? I'm finding all kinds of info online, but none that look reliable. One YT video was recommending 90mV and I emailed Marshall, but have not heard back yet.

Eventually, I would like to mod this one starting with the C19 mod. I plan to just clip it when I check the bias on this one, but I did order some 100pF caps that I plan to use as well once I learn the amp. Maybe add a 3 way toggle to toggle between no cap, 100pf, and the original unless you have a better suggestion?

This is my first real tube amp, the first being a 15W Monoprice Stageright. Once I set the bias a little hotter than factory, it really opened it up.

Thank you!

If you can, you want to measure the plate voltage. Pin 3 on one of the power tubes.

But as a rule of thumb you can dial in around 33mA or so, for one tube, on most 100w amps and be ok.

If you can, you want to measure the plate voltage. Pin 3 on one of the power tubes.

But as a rule of thumb you can dial in around 33mA or so, for one tube, on most 100w amps and be ok.
Thank you for this info and all you do! I will measure the plate voltage and go from there.

Thanks again and keep up the good work on your end!!

Back