It's the little things that make easy jobs a pain in the hole

SillyOctpuss

Shredder
I was swopping a set of humbuckers tonight and as I was taking the neck pickup out of the surround said to myself "be careful so the spring doesn't fly away"... 6 seconds later 'sproing'... And it's gone.

I've just spent nearly an hour trying to find the bastard and have no spares.

:facepalm

Glad to see you didn't lose the lingo. People still giggle in Scotland when I say that.

Condolences on the spring loss, that really is pain in the hole territory

Glad to see you didn't lose the lingo. People still giggle in Scotland when I say that.

Condolences on the spring loss, that really is pain in the hole territory

My wife's from southern California and the phrase her family picked up from me is "shut your face" said in the worst Belfast accents they can manage. I love hearing them butcher Norn Iron insults. :chef

I've given up for tonight and will look again tomorrow morning in the daylight. Which bit of scotland are you in @tekbow? I lived in Renfrew and then Edinburgh for a few years.

My wife's from southern California and the phrase her family picked up from me is "shut your face" said in the worst Belfast accents they can manage. I love hearing them butcher Norn Iron insults. :chef

I've given up for tonight and will look again tomorrow morning in the daylight. Which bit of scotland are you in @tekbow? I lived in Renfrew and then Edinburgh for a few years.
I lived in Edinburgh for nearly 20 years before moving out to the south Lanarkshire country side during the pandemic.

Love Edinburgh, but just not enough space in those apartments when you cant go outside.

I was swopping a set of humbuckers tonight and as I was taking the neck pickup out of the surround said to myself "be careful so the spring doesn't fly away"... 6 seconds later 'sproing'... And it's gone.

I've just spent nearly an hour trying to find the bastard and have no spares.

:facepalm
No, no, now wait a minute... You said to yourself: "Warning, warning." Seems like you ignored that little voice that was maybe trying to tell you to take the guitar somewhere where if the spring did go flying, it would've been easy to find. :rollsafe:sofa:rofl

(I do it all the time. ;))

No, no, now wait a minute... You said to yourself: "Warning, warning." Seems like you ignored that little voice that was maybe trying to tell you to take the guitar somewhere where if the spring did go flying, it would've been easy to find. :rollsafe:sofa:rofl

(I do it all the time. ;))

I ALWAYS ignore my own warnings. I'm special that way

super-troopers-snozberries.gif

That was me when I finally opened up my Helix Floor to clean the micro footswitches on the PCB. After the stress induced by cutting glue from a ribbon cable with a utility knife, the light at the end of the tunnel was attacked by 12 little kamikaze springs that jumped up at my face and all over the room.

A magnet really helps sweep the area and find little parts, for those of you who haven't encountered the attack of the jumpy spring.

Back