Is the ecstacy worth the cash and 101a vs 101b

And here's my Shiva 20th which I prefer over the XTC. Mine doesn't have KT88s, it has 6550s which I prefer.

Bogner 20th Shiva.jpg

And here's my Shiva 20th which I prefer over the XTC. Mine doesn't have KT88s, it has 6550s which I prefer.

View attachment 1288

Wow. I am surprised you prefer the Shiva. Nice fat cleans, but Sooooooo dark on the OD channel.
I couldn't ever get along with mine.l Still have a Goldfinger and hope to nab an XTC someday.

I wonder why you prefer the Shiva?

Nice arsenal! :beer

sorry about not being on here for a while.

here is a clip of the 3534 into a bogner 412 with V30s. single 57 on the speaker, no effects, EQ or compression.

guitars were a les paul standard 50s goldtop stock for the dirty rhythm tones into the blue channel. red channel with a tyler studio elite for the solo. cleaner rhythms were a squier jazzmaster with TV jones classics into a matchless HC30 with a marshall 412 with greenbacks. same miking idea for the matchless.

I have a 20th XTC EL-34 and it is simply amazing. I like it much more than 6L6 version, especially in the red channel.
Just a badass amp when playing live!

The thing with XTC’s is ya gonna play them real loud, that’s when the magic happens.
There’s also a magic era for them, many have no idea.
Lots of BS surrounding that.

20th XTC is one of my favorite amps.
Love the Blue channel (crunch).
Currently have the Red channel dialed as an extension of the Blue (more gain, still nice an articulate).
I like the Green channel... maybe not quite as much as Shiva cleans.
If you're looking for one amp that can cover a lot... and sound great doing it, it's hard to beat the XTC.
I'd describe the 20th XTC as a more refined 5150.
I had a Classic 101 that I loved and stupidly sold. If the 20th XTC sounds as good as my 20th Shiva then that’s the way I’d go.

i remember when duncan got one way back at hcaf and i had huge gas for them. i had a bogner fish for a bit and should have got the 101b instead.

Sure...
To give some perspective, I'm into "modded-Marshall" type tone/gain.
Been thru a lot of amps. Seem to gravitate toward Bogner amps.

20th Shiva (may be my absolute favorite)
Shiva (Cleans)
Helios 50 (Bogner's take on old-school Marshall)
BE 100 Deluxe
Triamp mk3
Revv Generator 120mk3

How do you feel the Revv compares to the others. I've been thinking about getting one.

I love the feature set and some of the YouTube clips have been very impressive.

Back