Is Phil Collins OK?

Piing

Roadie
I've just seen the thumbnail of a YouTube video about his wife leaving him because he doesn't take a shower for ages and other tragedies. But I have decided not to watch that video and stay with the good moments.

Here are some stellar moments.

The "Supper's Ready" performance at 5:00 gave me goosebumps right now. I am one of these who hated some things that he did with Genesis when Peter Gabriel left, but I have learnt to appreciate him.

This was BRUTAL. I saw them in Barcelona on that 1984 tour. 39 years later, I still can feel the rumble of that Taurus pedal

Last edited:
He looked like walking death a few years ago, cant imagine it has gotten a lot better. Probably very difficult for him to bathe and maybe too much pride or even mental illness to allow an aide. Who knows. Sad situation for anyone and more of us will be there than not.

People said I'd never get over my obsession with Phil Colins, but take a look at me now...

Oh wrong Phil, nevermind. :LOL:

If you are referring to Collen, and not to Lynot, Campbell, Manzanera or Spector, there are some interconnections between them :D

1. Phil Collen's technician, John Zocco, likes to wear a Phil Collins T-shirt
1698742383564.png

2. Both should have been knighted by the queen, although someone said "Phil Collins is deserving of Knighthood, whereas Phil Collen would probably have to slay a dragon to do so" :ROFLMAO:
https://onemoreknight.wordpress.com/2010/04/27/not-to-be-confused-with/

3. The first encouraging letter Rick Allen opened after he lost his arm was from Phil Collins
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/new...car_crash__what_his_bandmates_had_to_say.html

4. Both like to play shirtless
1698742893562.jpeg

5. Both are badass
1698742550953.png

I’ve read it was depression in the past. I remember reading something from him saying he couldn’t even hold a drumstick anymore but I thought that was due to something previous to the depression?

Regardless, that’s really, really shitty, but if he’s alive, there’s hope. The dude has given enough to the world, but it’d be nice to know he was able to get his health under control for the remaining years of his life for him and his family’s sake.

Apparently he’s not doing well. I’ve read that he’s been “too sick to even hold a drum stick” and had “retired” from drumming. Not sure if it’s a physical or mental health issue, but sad nonetheless.
The whole thing is awful. He has nerve damage that started during the 2007 tour. It got to the point where he couldn't feel his hands anymore, so they had to tape the drumsticks to his hands to finish the tour. He came out of surgery with new problems (loss of control of his foot) and that basically put an end to his drumming, made it so he had to walk with a cane. I think he has diabetes, too.

He not only has serious health issues, he's had a lot of family issues as well. He got divorced about 15 years ago, then they remarried, then divorced again a few years back. His ex seems like a trainwreck already getting married and divorced, and with all kinds of legal issues.

It's very sad. I could only imagine if you're old, sick, and alone just how dark life would be.

Back