Is owning a Mark IV and a Mark V excessive?

I’ve owned Mark III Simulclass, a Dual Rectifier (non-MW) and a Mark Five:35. The Mark Five was the only one that I liked. If I could only have one, it would be the Five.

Excessive relative to what? If you like both and have the money to buy both, then I'd say it's not excessive.
Yngwie has like a bazillion "vintage white" SSS strats and he seems to love all of them.

Who cares. buy what makes you happy that you can afford.

The question is where Mesa goes from here. Keep releasing Mark VIII with the staples + some new modes? Go toward a more digitalized product and release a Mark that can do all previous iterations? Or the opposite way and release reincarnated separate versions of previous goldies, like version 2 of Mark III as one amp, a version 2 of Mark IV as one amp?

I mean, if a MkIV was good enough, then why'd Mesa Boogie come out with the V? :rollsafe
giphy.gif

The question is where Mesa goes from here. Keep releasing Mark VIII with the staples + some new modes? Go toward a more digitalized product and release a Mark that can do all previous iterations? Or the opposite way and release reincarnated separate versions of previous goldies, like version 2 of Mark III as one amp, a version 2 of Mark IV as one amp?
spUHM8.gif

I've been saying I'd love to see a 40th anniversary Mark III reissue released next year

Back