INAD: It took 32 years… finally bought a 5150! Lol!

JerEvil

Roadie
So I have literally never owned a 5150 or variant thereof. I’ve never bonded with them, but can’t deny they’re “the tone” of some of my favorite music.

I’ve been looking at the Verb and made a few offers. I really wanted the EL34 and also had to be the 100 watt version, but people are dumb on their price expectations. No one was budging below $2k on them and these are just NOT $2k amps…

Ended up nabbing a pretty clean 100 watt Stealth for $1550. Dude was asking $1850. Nope. Not from me! Lol!

Anyway, pic from the listing.

I’ll post more when it gets here.

Attachments

• 0646739C-F290-4AB7-8291-B8F9D2099675.jpeg
    0646739C-F290-4AB7-8291-B8F9D2099675.jpeg
    485.9 KB · Views: 24
So I have literally never owned a 5150 or variant thereof. I’ve never bonded with them, but can’t deny they’re “the tone” of some of my favorite music.

I’ve been looking at the Verb and made a few offers. I really wanted the EL34 and also had to be the 100 watt version, but people are dumb on their price expectations. No one was budging below $2k on them and these are just NOT $2k amps…

Ended up nabbing a pretty clean 100 watt Stealth for $1550. Dude was asking $1850. Nope. Not from me! Lol!

Anyway, pic from the listing.

I’ll post more when it gets here.

Dude you will love it. These amps punch so hard for the $$$. Hands down my favorite amp for metal and high gain tones. Same for EVH riffing. Add reverb and delay and it’s just awesome.

$1550! F*ck! Nice one.

Noice broheem, good score!

Hell of an amp, bet it’ll surprise you.
Yeah man I listened to a lot of clips of the 50 vs 100 and they sound notably different to my ears. I mean settings/level comparisons.

I am hoping to eat some crow with this for sure! Lol.

Dude you will love it. These amps punch so hard for the $$$. Hands down my favorite amp for metal and high gain tones. Same for EVH riffing. Add reverb and delay and it’s just awesome.

$1550! F*ck! Nice one.
Yeah man for the price it was worth checking out I think. We shall see how I do with it.

Selling my Stealth 50 was a mistake. Great amp. I actually liked the clean channel and of course the blue channel is epic for a variety of applications.

Blue channel with the gain around 4 and the mids at about the same, master at 3-4, hit it with a boost and you will be creaming. Dial in Treb, Bass and Presence to taste. V30 speaker is your friend.

Back