I'm not crying, you're crying.

I’ll definitely get Al’s book, I’m even more interested in his side of things after reading how he still to this day didn’t think Ed should have done the “Beat It” solo. Interesting that he’s not discussing Hagar at all in it. I’ve read Sam’s book a couple times now, the only issues he wrote about with Alex was that it was impossible to talk to the brothers individually because they just had each other’s backs 100% of the time, even if it were working against them.

He wrote a lot of positive stuff about Alex in there, how he never touched a drop of booze after the hibachi incident and how the guy was miserable but powered through tours due to his back/neck issues, Sam had a lot of respect for him. It’s really a bummer that guys that experienced highs like they did can’t get on these days.

Definitely caught the vibe of “we’ve been friends for so long that the bullshit doesn’t matter” when it comes to DLR. It’s interesting that Dave could flip out about the idea of paying tribute/respects to Ed during the live shows but Alex wants nothing to do at all with Sammy, who was basically saying “The world’s waiting for us to go pay tribute to the guy, let’s go!”

DLR is a jerk? So surprised :cuss

That article is a great read. Thanks for posting! Alex has always been a pretty mysterious guy. He comes off very intelligent and insightful here. Definitely reading this book! What a window into the lives of those two guys.

Only thing that rubbed me the wrong way was the part about getting AI to make EVH-esque solos over leftover VH tracks. No thanks.

Including that unreleased VH instrumental is a smart idea to sell the audiobook, for sure.

Last edited:
That article is a great read. Thanks for posting! Alex has always been a pretty mysterious guy. He comes off very intelligent and insightful here. Definitely reading this book! What a window into the lives of those two guys.

Only thing that rubbed me the wrong way was the part about getting AI to make EVH-esqu solos over leftover VH tracks. No thanks.

Including that unreleased VH instrumental is a smart idea to sell the audiobook, for sure.

Yeah, I forgot to mention the AI thing, which is another reason I’m interested to get some more insight on Alex. “Don’t play with Micheal Jackson” and “looking into AI to ‘write’ Ed’s solos” are rather

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

..statements.

I mean, people giving Sammy and Satch shit for going out and doing those songs….gotta wonder what the reaction would be to Al keeping VH going utilizing AI.

Back