Ibanez 2023 Models

Oh man, I’ve been seeing 90’s S’s popping up left and right in the Boston area! My buddy was guitar shopping for about 6 months and was dead set on getting one but didn’t know the differences in models/parts so he’d send me Craigslist adds over and over. There was the flame maple green with gold hardware recently, dead mint for $700! I actually had my buddy hit the guy up for ME to buy it, but it was already sold. Always loved that model.

1996-ibanez-s540-fm-custom-green-burst-3xkc8Eg.jpg

Grab one as soon as you have another opportunity! They are incredibly good, and a pleasure to play. Despite their thin body and light weight they have nothing to envy, tone-wise, from the most over-weighted and anti-ergonomic LesPaul

I got mine for a ridiculous price

S540FM.JPG

BTW, I would love to try the new SML721. If only to watch it change colors. Here it is purple, not pink:

Last edited:
Grab one as soon as you have another opportunity! They are incredibly good, and a pleasure to play. Despite their thin body and light weight they have nothing to envy, tone-wise, from the most over-weighted and anti-ergonomic LesPaul

I got mine for a ridiculously price

View attachment 3684

BTW, I would love to try the new SML721

That would have to be a "I have too much money and don't know what else I wanna buy" thing, just because of the slim body on the S models. They're killer guitars, just too light for me. It's not even a tone thing, I don't really buy into much of that, they just feel so teeny. It's why I loved the SZ series, it was basically a regular thickness body but the S-shape.

That would have to be a "I have too much money and don't know what else I wanna buy" thing, just because of the slim body on the S models. They're killer guitars, just too light for me. It's not even a tone thing, I don't really buy into much of that, they just feel so teeny. It's why I loved the SZ series, it was basically a regular thickness body but the S-shape.

I think the KIKO100 would be perfect, as it is thicker. But it is too expensive
200411191935DM7d.jpg

ya man. I have a love/love relationship with the S series stuff and have since Frank Gambale had his signature one. I participated in a pretty thorough review of them and ended up keeping the Prestige

That Premium looks awesome. Might look for one to try out.

200411191935DM7d.jpg
Also looking to try one. Apparently the neck profile is slightly different from your typical Wizard necks.

ya man. I have a love/love relationship with the S series stuff and have since Frank Gambale had his signature one. I participated in a pretty thorough review of them and ended up keeping the Prestige

That is a thorough comparison, indeed. Thank you for sharing it.

How are you enjoying that Prestige?

Im still chasing the 89 s540 and s5407 from a couple years after that are now long gone. Man I miss those guitars. This is why I don't flip gear anymore. I don't care if I don't use it now. They're all put away and I'll get to them at some point.
I have an early S440 made in Japan with edge trem that I picked up for almost nothing . It is the model that Frank Gambale played before the signature. Mine is HSS and dots but so was Franks before he routed it .

200411191935DM7d.jpg

I’ve wanted to try one of these specifically because of that! I wanted Ibanez to put out a 24-fret SZ with a Floyd and that’s pretty much it! But yeah, new Ibanez stuff that isn’t a Premium is out of my price range fo sho.

Bernth killing it with this extended range 6er:

It's so much more rounded than I thought it'd be. I'd like to see one in person, still don't really care about 27 frets but a new, interesting body shape would be cool from Ibanez.

Back