I went against your advice but now I have to ask bass players..

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
So...I couldn't pass this deal up after spending a good 30 minutes putting it through it's paces at some pretty high volumes. I am not a bass player but I have played in bands and recorded with many and have heard so many different types of tones. This thing brings it!

I mean what's wrong with using a Behringer that has survived already more than 5 years?

300 bucks. In perfect condition.

317612392_1175868946648755_4330795872635586578_n.jpg

Last edited:
I have to find the thread. I asked about bass amps a couple weeks ago and this one was one of the prospects
I just scrolled down to the "Similar threads" section at the bottom of this page and found a link to it

Heck, if the Behringer works and has survived, enjoy!

It's perfect! (until it isn't) I bet it sounds great.

That's my biggest concern with the reputation of Behringer. I wouldn't want to rely on it for anything important unless I had a backup.

That's my biggest concern with the reputation of Behringer. I wouldn't want to rely on it for anything important unless I had a backup.

I do. It's a Sansamp.

The truth is Behringer had some serious QC problems the first 5 years or so and straightened that out after that. I wouldn't call their stuff high quality or anything like that, but it is as reliable as just about anything else out there in their market for the last 15+ years or so. generally with any gear if you maintain it (open it up once in awhile and clean it out and check for things like loose cables and cold joints) it's going to keep working.

Take it from a 15+ year field service technician who repaired things ranging from LCD and plasma TV's to photo kiosks, ticket machines, printers of all sorts and types and lots more. Maintenance is key with all electronics. I have electronics that are 30+ years old that still function perfectly because I took care of them. Sure there are parts that degrade no matter what you do but keeping things clean and tight helps a device live longer.

That's cool you have all the experience as a field technician. I'll keep in mind checking for loose cables and cold solder joints, as that is about the limit of my tech ability. Always fun to learn basic stuff about keeping things running.

Back