Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Seymour Duncan Saturday Night Special

• Other (post comment)

• Total voters

Stone

Rock Star
So my next thing is going to be a bridge pickup, and I'm leaning towards Dimarzio, but i might go something else as well?
Just not sure which one, So i'm asking my fellow TGF'ers to vote :D
I dont want anything really high output its going in My Revstar II Bridge Position, id like something throaty with bark, for Classic Rock
anything else 80's or heavier will be handled by my other Axes.

Thank you all
Mike

:beer

Last edited:
Dimarzio Bluesbucker DP163

While you're at it, add a EP1108 on-on-on 3 position switch to get 3 flavors: Series Humbucker / Parallel Humbucker / Single Coil, and thank me later

Dimarzio Bluesbucker DP163

While you're at it, add a EP1108 on-on-on 3 position switch to get 3 flavors: Series Humbucker / Parallel Humbucker / Single Coil, and thank me later

Oh. You said bridge position. Then the 3-position switch is not strictly necessary. I've found that on the neck position all the 3 flavors are really juicy and worth to have, but on the bridge position the standard series humbucker wiring is sufficient (on my RG550LTD I have the switch on both)

Not for the Revstar II, SD will Go into my Ibanez or my Upcoming Vola OZ

Surprised GIF by ION

So out of the poll I'd pick PAF Pro because I'm familiar with it -- the rest I haven't tried. And I don't necessarily think 'throaty with bark' with the PP... it's more tight and focused in the bridge.

I've only heard great things about the 36th, Imperial, and Black Dog too. Not sure you could go wrong with any of these.

I have a DiMarzio Steve Special (f-spaced) in one of my EBMM Silhouette Specials' along with a single coil Air Norton in the n. position.
No middle pickup in this guitar.

I was going for that "early" Ibanez days of Petrucci vibe...they have served me well.

I have a DiMarzio Steve Special (f-spaced) in one of my EBMM Silhouette Specials' along with a single coil Air Norton in the n. position.
No middle pickup in this guitar.

I was going for that "early" Ibanez days of Petrucci vibe...they have served me well.
It's a fantastic bridge pickup, I have it in a few of my guitars as well and would be my personal go to if I had one choice. I like it because it's less barky with more clarity in the attack. Sounds great clean too.

edit: But I think something a little more PAF, or even the Super Distortion does a better job covering classic rock style sounds.

BK Black Dogs are my favourite pickup ever. I have them in both my LP and 594 now, and will probably put them in any HB guitar I get, so that’s my vote.

I also have the Black Dogs. Pretty good. Kinda PAF-ish but with more grit.
I like the Mules better though ...

Back