High-Gain Pedals

I have a ton of awesome dirt/OD pedals, but as far as an insane metal-amp-in-a-tiny-box pedals go this one is my current fave (AMT R/S Lead)

83916703_10221828959332481_5752190020962222080_n.jpg

Here's a shitty lil clip I recorded with it direct in to my interface:

Damn! Sounds badass! :)

I dabbled in some of the AMT stuff a decade or so ago. Maybe time to revisit that lineup.

What's the R/S based on/a clone of?

(Looks like Rectifier/Soldano)

Speaking of High Gain pedals, I’ve been sorta eying the Two Notes Revolt pedal release for what seems like 17 years now. Tube driven. May not be released in our lifetime though.

I like what I am hearing from the Victory lineup. Never actually owned anything from them before.

To me, high-gain pedals completely miss the point of high-gain tone. They mistake gain for power, and they mistake saturation for grunt.

High-gain amps have power and grunt.

High-gain pedals don't.

Which is why they suck richards.

Do you know what voltage is driving that "tube?"

No idea man. The tube definitely does *something* though; the pedal won't pass signal without one installed and changing it does effect feel and EQ

That's one of the things I like most about it; it *feels* like playing through a proper tube preamp

Brands I’d look at.

Sinvertek
AMT
Amptweaker

Tightmetal from amptweaker would be my first pick if I wanted a high gain pedal. I like the old enclosure more than the new modern looking one… had the original as well as their TS (drive) version. Excellent stuff. Sounded and most of all felt great.

Brands I’d look at.

Sinvertek
AMT
Amptweaker

Tightmetal from amptweaker would be my first pick if I wanted a high gain pedal. I like the old enclosure more than the new modern looking one… had the original as well as their TS (drive) version. Excellent stuff. Sounded and most of all felt great.

I've got one of those Amptweaker Tight Metal S/T's (old style enclosure with the lil roll bar etc) and it's pretty damn good for sure

The SideTrack fx loop thing is a great idea but I've noticed a slight switching delay when using it, so I usually don't bother

Yep… that’s the s**t right there. Big boxes look great in the new design. But imo the small boxes were cooler in the old design. Haha

Yup. I like the older look, too. Pretty sure James Brown sold the brand when he went
back to work with EVH/Fender, didn't he?

Back