High-Gain Pedals

xlnc3ot7w3xoscbxfjdm.jpg

I’ll throw in another vote for AMT. I had a full pedal rig a few years ago around an AMT P2. It’s an excellent preamp, has 3 different outputs (front of amp, preamp, and cab emulated), and has a fender style clean channel instead of being bypassed.

The AMT Legend 2 pedals are all really good, but the P2 especially I recorded excellent quality sounds with it and played with it live and it is my vote for a fantastic preamp pedal.

Another one that may fly under the radar is the Mooer Preamp Live. The sounds on it are not terribly good on their own, but you can use it’s tone matching process to match your amp’s preamp sound. It actually worked way better than I expected and I think it’s a great form factor too.

I’ll throw in another vote for AMT. I had a full pedal rig a few years ago around an AMT P2. It’s an excellent preamp, has 3 different outputs (front of amp, preamp, and cab emulated), and has a fender style clean channel instead of being bypassed.

The AMT Legend 2 pedals are all really good, but the P2 especially I recorded excellent quality sounds with it and played with it live and it is my vote for a fantastic preamp pedal.

I'm also a fan of the AMT Legend pedals; had the R1 (recto) and played my buddy's V1 (vox) many times; both are killer!

At one point I did buy a used E2 (Engl) but I'm convinced something was wrong with it. Totally lacked gain and balls, which is the exact opposite of what I hear when I play Engl amps lol.

Here's a lil clip I recorded with my R1 back in the day just for the hell of it:

Back