Here’s some Greenback IRs (and others) I made

In that case, your IRs are officially approved for consumption.
Oh were we supposed to wait?

Season 7 Eating GIF by The Office

@bikescene thanks for these! Pair up really well with 2203

I made IRs of my G12H75 Creamback in the same cab, and picked the best sounding ones with the Helix 2203. A little more Shure-centric than the Greenback set. Here they are:
https://app.box.com/s/diasf4gf36gp79cso81qfbzrifzb06xj

For anyone who really has time on their hands, I did a quick comparison of different mic preamps in IR format. While making IRs of the Greenback with an Audix I5, I swapped mic preamps for 2 of the positions. See the following link:
https://app.box.com/s/0ma640spu37zxk36v8dzqxokthzb7d7f

I shot 2 positions using a few mic preamps:
-Chameleon Labs 7603 (Neve-Inspired)
-Stam SA-73 (Also Neve-inspired)
-CAPI VP28 (API preamp and fader circuit)
-Warm Tonebeast w/ CAPI CA-0252 Op Amp (API-ish w/ the most colorful settings)
-Warm Tonebeast with Hardy 990C+ Op Amp (Using the preamp’s cleanest settings)

It’s just an informal personal exercise to see how much the mic preamp matters to me for this application.

Last edited:
Wow again, these are *really* great IRs. I seem to like the Creambacks even more (which, obviously, is just a matter of taste).

It’s just an informal personal exercise to see how much the mic preamp matters to me for this application.

Quite interesting. And while some differences are larger than what I thought they might be (mind you, I've got rather little experience with dedicated preamps), I could imagine it'd be possible to even those out using some EQ-ing (especially in case you'd be using a Match EQ).

Wow again, these are *really* great IRs. I seem to like the Creambacks even more (which, obviously, is just a matter of taste).

Quite interesting. And while some differences are larger than what I thought they might be (mind you, I've got rather little experience with dedicated preamps), I could imagine it'd be possible to even those out using some EQ-ing (especially in case you'd be using a Match EQ).

I was sticking to the cap-edge when I first got the speaker. It took me a while to move farther into the cone. At that point, I knew I had to make some more IRs to remind myself of these flavors.

Stuff like the Line 6’s new cabs, Fractal’s Dynacabs, Neural’s cabs, Mikko, WOS, etc. is such a more convenient workflow.

With the IR generator normalizing the volume better than I could by hand, the differences are pretty small between mic preamps for this application. They do distort in different ways when you really push them, but that’s outside the scope of the IRs.

Stuff like the Line 6’s new cabs, Fractal’s Dynacabs, Neural’s cabs, Mikko, WOS, etc. is such a more convenient workflow.

Well, working with IRs inside Logic, using its Space Designer and IRs mass-converted to presets is pretty convenient, too. I always check new IRs out that way before loading them into my hardware units.
Posted this stupid little video already a while ago. All IR selecting in the beginning is done with just the arrow keys (hence no mousing involved), I only grab the mouse for larger directory jumps.
With that IR loading "technique" it's really easy to go through gazillions of IRs without being trapped in ear fatique or whatever.

Well, working with IRs inside Logic, using its Space Designer and IRs mass-converted to presets is pretty convenient, too. I always check new IRs out that way before loading them into my hardware units.
Posted this stupid little video already a while ago. All IR selecting in the beginning is done with just the arrow keys (hence no mousing involved), I only grab the mouse for larger directory jumps.
With that IR loading "technique" it's really easy to go through gazillions of IRs without being trapped in ear fatique or whatever.

I’ll look into scrolling with Space Designer. I started using Logic recently, and haven’t used most of its stock plugins yet.

I started using Logic recently, and haven’t used most of its stock plugins yet.

There's some kickass ones among them. Just make sure to not try the Amp Designer. For whatever reasons, while they have some true DSP geniuses there, amp modeling always sucked.
And fwiw, scrolling through IRs that way only works once you converted your IRs to Space Designer presets. Doing that manually is almost impossible for larger numbers of them, but there's a little additional program called Space Designer Manager - oops, I just noticed it's now available only from the App Store and the price is almost double as high as some years back (€35). Still, IMO absolutely worth it in case you're using SD a lot (which I am). Converted all of the RedWirez Big Pack IRs (20k+) into SD presets in like 10 seconds.

I made IRs of my G12H75 Creamback in the same cab, and picked the best sounding ones with the Helix 2203. A little more Shure-centric than the Greenback set. Here they are:
https://app.box.com/s/diasf4gf36gp79cso81qfbzrifzb06xj

For anyone who really has time on their hands, I did a quick comparison of different mic preamps in IR format. While making IRs of the Greenback with an Audix I5, I swapped mic preamps for 2 of the positions. See the following link:
https://app.box.com/s/0ma640spu37zxk36v8dzqxokthzb7d7f

I shot 2 positions using a few mic preamps:
-Chameleon Labs 7603 (Neve-Inspired)
-Stam SA-73 (Also Neve-inspired)
-CAPI VP28 (API preamp and fader circuit)
-Warm Tonebeast w/ CAPI CA-0252 Op Amp (API-ish w/ the most colorful settings)
-Warm Tonebeast with Hardy 990C+ Op Amp (Using the preamp’s cleanest settings)

very nice thank you

V30 in Eminence Closed Back 2x12
https://app.box.com/s/e7e9bbd2hoc4om17oo46tn58wp2orxyc

I’m interested in what you guys think of these IRs of my 2019 V30, if you can even stomach any more V30 IRs. I am not sure how they translate outside of my rig (lower output passive pickups in most guitars).

I’ve struggled capturing the V30 over past few years. I don’t think I’ve had trouble with other speakers. The IRs don’t have that big resonance of a 4x12 that I hear in most libraries. I’m curious to see how you guys perceive the sound. I have a CL80 in the same cab that I’ve grown to like a bit more. I’ll share those IRs after I finish up a few mics.

I wound up using 17 mics, and blending the SM57 with the thicker IRs compensates for the thinness a bit. I suppose the V30 2x12 2.0in 0in.wav file would be closest to a typical V30 IR.

I supplied some positions closer to the cap for darker amps, and positions higher around the dust cap/cone junction for brighter amps. I didn’t think the cone edge IRs would be useful to share.

I flipped through some positions in the video below.

I’m interested in what you guys think of these IRs of my 2019 V30

"Quality" is what I think. Only scrolled through them briefly, so no more detailed comments, but I'm pretty sure they'll end up as your others. As in becoming keepers, that is.
Thanks a lot!

"Quality" is what I think. Only scrolled through them briefly, so no more detailed comments, but I'm pretty sure they'll end up as your others. As in becoming keepers, that is.
Thanks a lot!
Thanks. I’m more of a V30 listener and not as big of a user these days.

I’ve got some lower Tweed-ish IRs that I want to share in the near future.

Thanks. I’m more of a V30 listener and not as big of a user these days.

I'm not too much into typical V30 territory, but I used a real one in a 2x12 (along with an excellent Peavey Sheffield) as my main speaker for a loooong time, has been a most excellent allround cab.
However, I might not be a typical IR user, either, I usually slap a bunch of them into my "parallel IR" Logic template, mix, match and EQ as much as l feel like and then use a dirac to bounce the final result out.

I’ve got some lower Tweed-ish IRs that I want to share in the near future.

Can't say I'm not interested... those are quite a lot more rare than the typical Celestion armada.

Back