Greenback
https://app.box.com/s/hcm1wt9w53807lkzzpbb64lbndf2syg2

-1/11/24 - Creamback H75
https://app.box.com/s/diasf4gf36gp79cso81qfbzrifzb06xj

-1/11/24 - Short Greenback Test w/ I5 and Different Mic Preamps
https://app.box.com/s/0ma640spu37zxk36v8dzqxokthzb7d7f

-4/27/24 - Vintage 30
https://app.box.com/s/e7e9bbd2hoc4om17oo46tn58wp2orxyc

I’d like to hear your thoughts on these Greenback IRs if you have the appetite to check out any more IRs. You guys are likely very familiar with the general GB sound through its many digital incarnations. This 2017 RI Greenback is loaded in a Jet City vertical 2x12.

Over the past year, I casually built my own reference of mic positions. I’m sharing the ones that I think sound ok when firing up a Plexi or JCM800 sim. Some of the usual suspects like the SM57, I5, E906, and M160 were used. I included a couple of cheap ribbons, a LDC, and SDC to use for blending.

I used a Behringer A800 power amp. I did a similar exercise with a Powerstage 170, but prefer my results with the A800. The sine sweeps were recorded through a Chameleon Labs 7603 mic preamp into a Steinberg UR824 audio interface. I used Voxengo Deconvolver to make the IRs.

The IRs are in 24-bit 48kHz 500ms MPT format, so you can blend the brighter IRs with the darker ones.

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm currently using the Ownhammer Classic-Rock collection. The cab used is a 412 of greenbacks. I'll check these out over the weekend.

Hey, thanks!
I'm not much into IR quests these days anymore (using those 3-5 I got used to for some years already), but these are pretty darn good. For driven sounds I fooled around with them and the new-ish JCM800 and Voltage in the HX Stomp, got pretty decent results, I actually seem to like some of them better than my current internal cab favourite for such sounds (the Mandarin 30 with a 67).
Also checked the Princess with them (my to go for clean amp in HX land), they seem to be working pretty well for cleans, too.
So, while IRs really aren't much of my thing anymore, I will go through these more thoroughly again and I'm quite sure that 2-5 will stay on the Stomp.
Thanks again!

https://app.box.com/s/hcm1wt9w53807lkzzpbb64lbndf2syg2

I’d like to hear your thoughts on these Greenback IRs if you have the appetite to check out any more IRs. You guys are likely very familiar with the general GB sound through its many digital incarnations. This 2017 RI Greenback is loaded in a Jet City vertical 2x12.

Over the past year, I casually built my own reference of mic positions. I’m sharing the ones that I think sound ok when firing up a Plexi or JCM800 sim. Some of the usual suspects like the SM57, I5, E906, and M160 were used. I included a couple of cheap ribbons, a LDC, and SDC to use for blending.

I used a Behringer A800 power amp. I did a similar exercise with a Powerstage 170, but prefer my results with the A800. The sine sweeps were recorded through a Chameleon Labs 7603 mic preamp into a Steinberg UR824 audio interface. I used Voxengo Deconvolver to make the IRs.

The IRs are in 24-bit 48kHz 500ms MPT format, so you can blend the brighter IRs with the darker ones.
These are really very good. I dropped them in a 100W Plexi patch (FM9T), and they stood up nicely with the York Audio M25, Kerry Wood M25 and York M65 that are my go to's.

Star Trek Applause GIF

Thank you! I will check them out over the weekend. Tonight the wifey has already said no playing until Christmas stuff is put away. Looks like my night is full:cuss

Thanks! I'm currently using the Ownhammer Classic-Rock collection. The cab used is a 412 of greenbacks. I'll check these out over the weekend.
I’ve been thinking about checking that pack out. I think I’ve got most of the Ownhammer Greenback libraries and still want more.
WOW thank you
Thanks.
Showing up to a gear forum in 2023 with free IR’s is like showing up to band practice with the big bottle of Jager and those cute mini-Solo cup shot glasses.
I found some cool IRs from other users here. It felt right to share what I had.
Hey, thanks!
I'm not much into IR quests these days anymore (using those 3-5 I got used to for some years already), but these are pretty darn good. For driven sounds I fooled around with them and the new-ish JCM800 and Voltage in the HX Stomp, got pretty decent results, I actually seem to like some of them better than my current internal cab favourite for such sounds (the Mandarin 30 with a 67).
Also checked the Princess with them (my to go for clean amp in HX land), they seem to be working pretty well for cleans, too.
So, while IRs really aren't much of my thing anymore, I will go through these more thoroughly again and I'm quite sure that 2-5 will stay on the Stomp.
Thanks again!
Thanks. The Helix 2203 and Voltage were the models that I used to figure out which ones to share.
These are really very good. I dropped them in a 100W Plexi patch (FM9T), and they stood up nicely with the York Audio M25, Kerry Wood M25 and York M65 that are my go to's.

Star Trek Applause GIF
Thanks. The York Audio ones are my benchmark and what I play with the most.
Thank you! I will check them out over the weekend. Tonight the wifey has already said no playing until Christmas stuff is put away. Looks like my night is full:cuss
I haven’t been. Getting much playing time in either. My wife has been nagging me about putting stuff away too.
Thanks kimg
Thanks for checking out. Hopefully you’ll find a few that work.

How do I download these to give them a try? I am all about the greenbacks.

Cool! I have a 2x12 with Greenbacks. I need to try these. Thanks for sharing, and welcome.

Were you eating dill pickles or sweet pickles when shooting these? It matters..

Cool! I have a 2x12 with Greenbacks. I need to try these. Thanks for sharing, and welcome.

Were you eating dill pickles or sweet pickles when shooting these? It matters..
Thanks. I’ve checked out the IRs you’ve made from pink noise before. Very interesting stuff.

I will try to post upload Creamback H75 IRs from the same cab later this week. Those are the ones I’d be interested in some feedback on.

I am strictly a dill pickle person.

Back