Help with dog name

Current situation -- One child likes Ren and Ru; other child likes Roger (don't judge...he's got lots of wonderful qualities that make up for his terrible taste in names. With apologies to any Rogers).

We are at a bit of a standstill. I think Ren or Ru will wind up winning out.

Huge thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread. It really got our gears turning.

After a lot of disagreement, we found a name that rang loud and clear with all of us: Raleigh. It's a city I lived in for a long time and still have a lot of love for, and gives a shout out to the NC side of our family while living way up here in almost-Canada.

Huge thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread. It really got our gears turning.

After a lot of disagreement, we found a name that rang loud and clear with all of us: Raleigh. It's a city I lived in for a long time and still have a lot of love for, and gives a shout out to the NC side of our family while living way up here in almost-Canada.
Cool. Not bad at all. I like that it has a personal meaning too.

When living in Raleigh, the husband of a friend of mine who was a slow-speaking debonair Alabaman with a slow-rolling Alabama accent made the most amazing joke I've ever heard, and I'm secretly hoping to be able to reproduce it with the pup:

While sitting at an outdoor table at a bar enjoying some.happy hour beers, a guy at the next table gave us a "where y'all from?!?" to which debonair Alabaman spoke for us all - "Raleigh". Gentlemen responded "really?". And in what can only be described as the most James Bond like real life incident I've ever witnessed, ol' Debonair slowly turned to him with critically cocked head and furrowed brow, and slow-rolled "No. Raleigh".

Back