Help to choose bass amplifier around $250

Piing

Roadie
It is for our new young bass player. For rehearsals with controlled volume.
e-drums to Roland PM-100 80W amp.
My guitar to FM3 and Fender FR-12 amp
Keyboards to NUX PA-50 50W amp
Vocals to in-house PA.
Possibility to connect any of our instruments to the in-house PA.

Options I have found so far:
- Behringer BXL900A 90W, 12", 7xEQ,
1698386791889.jpeg

- Peavey MAX110 100W, 10", 3xEQ
1698386817511.jpeg

- NUX Mighty Bass 50BT 60W, 6.5", IR loader. Multi-FX, Phone app, Line out
1698386851633.jpeg

- Vox VX50BA 50W, 8", 4xEQ, COMP, DRV
1698386875488.jpeg

- Fender Rumble LT25 25W 8", 3xEQ, FX
1698386906671.jpeg

By speaker size, the winner is the Behringer. And it has a 7-band EQ
By power and brand reputation: the Peavey
By specs: the NUX. Amp modeler, it can take third party IRs, multi-FX, and it is the only one with Line Out (with the others we would have to use the headphones output)
I think the VOX and the Fender are too tiny.

What is your opinion?

Last edited:
If running through the in-house PA is an option, then a bass specific direct box like the MXR Bass DI+ would be ideal.

IMO, You should not rely on a headphone out in place of a line out.

1000000822.png

Fender Rumble 40.
That one looks solid! And it has line output. Added to the top of the list.

If running through the in-house PA is an option, then a bass specific direct box like the MXR Bass DI+ would be ideal.

IMO, You should not rely on a headphone out in place of a line out.

That is a good option. Until now he was borrowing my SY-1000 in Bass mode direct to PA, but I want to place some minimal monitoring close to him to see if he can be more aware of his playing.

Last edited:
I’d also suggest the Rumble.

I grabbed one for one of my employees who wanted to start playing bass, I’m pretty sure it was that same 8”, I thought it was going to be a quiet little amp and cranked it up when it showed up. When I slapped the low E on my Spector it was almost a Marty McFly moment, I could not believe the volume and low end coming from that tiny thing.

Ampeg SVT-Classic. :LOL:

Fender Rumble is probably the best choice.
One thing to keep in mind is it takes a little more power to have enough headroom for those low frequency notes even at controlled volumes. Last thing you want is that little 25 watter farting out. I'd suggest going with the Rumble 100, either the 115 or 210 should do well. It'll be something that will work for the current situation and can be loud enough to hang with higher volume playing if needed. It's a little more than your budget at $330 new, but you should be able to find a preowned one in the $200 range.

Another viable option is an Eden EC210 or EC115. I have the EC210. It's 180 watts so more clean headroom, sounds really good a lower volume, and can keep well in louder volume situations. Pretty sure you can't get them new anymore, but they should have a few preowned ones floating around in the $250-$300 range

Back