help me decide

megametal7

Roadie
TGF Recording Artist
sold my Hx Stomp which i never bonded with..... Now, i see amp heads on FB market with similar price... one of them is Marshall DSL 2000 50w and other one is JCM900... not sure whats the wattage on that... im guessing 100w? 900 been serviced and 2000 has not...

which one is better choice? both are within driving distance...

thx

this only info on it.

Selling my late 90’s JCM900. Great shape, a few cosmetic marks/tears but nothing nasty. Re tubed about 2 years ago and had little use since. Comes with footswitch and power lead

1689429913184.png

My band is super loud they will drown me with their sound lol
I don't know your band, but I kinda doubt it. 50 watts is still really loud, and usually, ime, not being able to be heard is more due to not having enough mids in your tone.

I don't know your band, but I kinda doubt it. 50 watts is still really loud, and usually, ime, not being able to be heard is more due to not having enough mids in your tone.
there is a katana amp there its on 100w i have pushed mids/ highs and still struggle.... well that was with hx stomp... when we did a gig i used my dsl on50w and sound guy balanced everything and it sounded good. but at rehearsals these fuckers put everything on max :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:crazy i dont want to be that guy saying turn it down lol i want to be louder.:rawk

edit maybe because cabs are rapid there? and cant deliver sound as it should?

this is my band live, im using my dsl on 50 w

this is one of rehearsals using hx stomp

my bassist has barn and sometimes we jam there.... He use generator for power as its middle of nowhere... i put my dsl on 100w i stood in front of it it didn't seem that loud .... i was going though 2x12 ..... maybe my ears are fucked to point of no return :brick

Last edited:
Back