Helix floor bug

sjadw1004

When i step on the foot switch and the light turns on
I want the polycarpostomp to turn on and the volumestomp to turn off,
If you step on the switch, the color changes randomly to purple or turquoise
Sometimes purple indicates that the polycapo turns off and on,
A turquoise color indicates that the volume turns off and on..
I thought it would be confusing during the live performance

I'd like it to show you that it's only turning off the polycapo and turning it on in purple,
I don't know if you can set it up or if it's a bug.

I've tried changing the position of the foot switch, updating it, working on the touch, working on the press, but it doesn't work..

Should we try resetting it's..

Boo capacitive touch!
I Am Happy Happiness GIF by Teleraptor

Also reminds one about that “assign block to….” thing that tells us that even though we turned off touch from selecting blocks, touch will still attempt to do other things.

Capacitive function needs complete “off” mode.

I also disable all capacitive functions.
Bypass assign -> Learn is a few clicks away on the hardware, and with HX Edit assigning stuff is even quicker.

I turned off the electronic control after listening to you.
The cause of the problem was found along the way.

After hitting the foot switch from the side, press it
If more than one stomp is set, the color changes.

This appears to be happening on all other switches as well.

Does Helix originally have this feature?
How do I turn it off if there's one?

Last edited:
Also reminds one about that “assign block to….” thing that tells us that even though we turned off touch from selecting blocks, touch will still attempt to do other things.

Capacitive function needs complete “off” mode.
please, watch new feed!

Yes. Even if you set touch to “off” or “press”. Touching the switch will change wich effect is being displayed. The only way to avoid this is not touching the switch with your skin. But I agree, yours is behaving differently than my stomp. Yours sometimes recognize the press and touch at the same time. In my clip you can see that my stomp “knows” if I am pressing the switch or just touching it.

Note:
Stomp select works, it only dictates how to select a block (being highlighted in the signal chain and it’s settings being displayed)

While being set to Off or Press, the capacitive function will still cycle between what is seen on the switch.

Note that in my clip (stomp select is set to press) when i press the switch i am turning On wah and Off Vol. But if I touch the switch it will cycle what is being viewed on the displayed.

May I offer you a good solution:
Go into Edit (it’s easier there…)
Select one color for the switch. Name the switch to Vol/Wah.

Last edited:
While being set to Off or Press, the capacitive function will still cycle between what is seen on the switch.
Is it a bug?

Look in both Floor and Stomp manuals, "Stomp Select" function.
HX Stomp: There is no "Off", only "Touch", "Press" and "Both".
Helix Floor: There is "Off", "Touch", "Press" and "Touch+Press".

Is it a bug?
I don’t believe so. In the dudes case I think his switch sometimes recognizes both press and cap sense. My stomp clearly senses the difference between pressed and just touched. It neglects being touched if pressed down.
Look in both Floor and Stomp manuals, "Stomp Select" function.
HX Stomp: There is no "Off", only "Touch", "Press" and "Both".
Helix Floor: There is "Off", "Touch", "Press" and "Touch+Press".
HX Stomp there is Off, Touch, Press, Both.
The latest manual rev is 3.0 so it’s been a while, the Off selection might have been added after 3.0. I don’t remember.

Last edited:

I turned off the electronic control after listening to you.
The cause of the problem was found along the way.

After hitting the foot switch from the side, press it
If more than one stomp is set, the color changes.

This appears to be happening on all other switches as well.

Does Helix originally have this feature?
How do I turn it off if there's one?

I confirm, it looks like Touch is partially working even if only set to "Press".
edit: It doesn't happen when set to "Off" though, so on the Helix Floor it happen only with "Press".

PS. you don't have to kick the shit out of the switch, just touch it lightly. :rofl

Last edited:
I confirm, it looks like Touch is partially working even if only set to "Press".
It needs to be said that touch sense is always there. Touch can select a block and show its parameters. When set to Off or press, touch will still cycle the colors assigned to the switch. This can only be adjusted by assigning colors manually, and renaming the multiple assignment to one name.
PS. you don't have to kick the s**t out of the switch, just touch it lightly. :rofl

Exactly, my stomp also shows that (being new and fresh and all :rofl

Again the best way is to manually select colors and rename. Set one assignment to a color, that removes the “Automatic color” from both. Renaming one will apply to both…
Touch will still cycle wich block being displayed as On or Off. This is what cannot be turned Off.

Last edited:
Maybe only with the Stomp?
It doesn't happen with the Floor, Off is Off.
You mean that setting Stomp select to Off also turns off touch sense completely?

That’s good :rofl because with the Stomp then, you can turn off the touch from selecting a block, but you can’t turn off the touch from cycling the colors (if the assignment is Auto color) or wich block is being displayed as bypassed or active.

Back