Has Steve Vai already overcome Ralph Machio?

Piing

Roadie
One of the comments at this video says: "He plays the guitar almost as good as Ralph Machio" :rofl

I think that with this performance he has definitively won the title of Supreme Badass đź‘‘

Flying V Love GIF by Frank Macchia

Last edited:
I watched Crossroads again not that long ago and still think it may be the best guitar mime in movie/TV history. Marchio had to have practiced a ridiculous amount of time on it. Guess it was Ry Cooder that did all of his training. Cooder and Vai get remembered most but this guy was heavily involved too for all the classical stuff.

I watched Crossroads again not that long ago and still think it may be the best guitar mime in movie/TV history. Marchio had to have practiced a ridiculous amount of time on it. Guess it was Ry Cooder that did all of his training. Cooder and Vai get remembered most but this guy was heavily involved too for all the classical stuff.

Cooder did most of the playing but Vai did most of the coaching. He talked about it in his livestreams during the pandemic. Particularly why he lent a hand to Metal Lords on Netflix (and how one of his Pia’s ended up in the movie); he coached the main shredder dude on how to look like he was really playing.

Actually now that I think of it, last time I saw him there been more female guitar players coming to say hi to him backstage than male...
Yasir Hofer, Jen Majura etc
But he was busy debating what happens after death :cool:

Back