Harmony Comet

ragingplatypi

Roadie
NGD! First new guitar in 14 years. Got this used Harmony Comet from CL for a fantastic price, and am loving it. It plays amazing, has fantastic tones and looks beautiful. The pickups are humbuckers but veer toward P-90/Tele soundscapes. There a push pull to run the two pickups out of phase which is good for dirty lead tones, but I’m not finding very useful playing clean.
As I understand it, these are made in the same factory as Heritage Guitars, and it wouldn’t surprise me if some of those folks worked on this. It’s really a lovely semi-hollow.

Attachments

• 203B3B99-57B7-4531-92CF-0C01BA4C3961.jpeg
    203B3B99-57B7-4531-92CF-0C01BA4C3961.jpeg
    530 KB · Views: 37
Very cool! I've love to try one of these. Really into the blue one specifically, but I can't help but be turned off by the headstock a little.
It doesn't look very cohesive to me, but that's probably down to years of seeing semi-hollow guitars with 3-a-side headstocks only.

Seeing a Teisco-looking headstock design on a semi-hollow just breaks my brain a bit :geek:

Very cool! I've love to try one of these. Really into the blue one specifically, but I can't help but be turned off by the headstock a little.
It doesn't look very cohesive to me, but that's probably down to years of seeing semi-hollow guitars with 3-a-side headstocks only.

Seeing a Teisco-looking headstock design on a semi-hollow just breaks my brain a bit :geek:
I had that concern too when I was looking at it online, but it really does work as a whole. I agree that years of looking a the iconic Gibson/Epiphone shape plays a part. Also, the body is small like a 339 which plays tricks on the eye in photos.

Back