Guthrie Govan Charvel

hippietim

Roadie
This guitar kicks ass!

govan.jpg

I REALLY want to play one of these but I’ve yet to see one in a store.

Also, casual stack of AxeFX III’s. :D

I've been looking at them . They have the Japanese version down in Miami guitars. May go play it

I REALLY want to play one of these but I’ve yet to see one in a store.

I finally got to try the USA and Japanese made versions a month or so ago at a shop in Charlotte, NC.

They are fantastic guitars. If you like a Charvel neck profile, the Govan is as nice as any Charvel I've ever played. The locking bridge and tuners without a locking nut is really great - you can dive bomb no problem. The pickups are custom wound by Charvel (Fender) and are extremely versatile. The main difference between the USA and Japanase made guitar is the USA model has a Tremol-No.

The original Govan models did not have the single coil simulator switch for the neck/bridge pickups. That's what I have. I looked up what's involved in adding that and it's just a cap shunted to ground for one of the slugs.

You’re not in Rezen8 anymore, correct?
No, that's done! I'm playing with a Kenny Chesney tribute band. We're at the Daytona Beach Bandshell this weekend. Play great venues with that. Also filling in with Quick Fix until they can get a suitable replacement. Have 3 other things going on with some really spectacular players.. All projects, one does 70's pop but the good stuff. Another does prog (Yes, King Crimson some Floyd) last one is an acoustic duo going to be doing some guitar with. So I'm keeping busy just not playing every freggin weekend..

No, that's done! I'm playing with a Kenny Chesney tribute band. We're at the Daytona Beach Bandshell this weekend. Play great venues with that. Also filling in with Quick Fix until they can get a suitable replacement. Have 3 other things going on with some really spectacular players.. All projects, one does 70's pop but the good stuff. Another does prog (Yes, King Crimson some Floyd) last one is an acoustic duo going to be doing some guitar with. So I'm keeping busy just not playing every freggin weekend..
Was just sitting in a McDonalds eating a gross cheeseburger and some song called Boys of Fall(?) was on. Oh my god make it stop. Then I remembered I have practice tonight and will be going through YMCA. Karma apparently knows no bounds :(

Whoa!! That’s awesome, man!! I thought I remembered seeing an announcement about you leaving Rezen8. I’m going to have to make my way up and catch a gig!

Now I fully expect you to be the cat and mark your territory here by posting a video of you giving Yngwie a run for his money! :rofl

A friend has the ‘Murican one. It’s definitely one of THE nicest production guitars I’ve ever played, including Suhrs, CS Fenders, etc. I think it’s a little expensive, but hey, that’s Fender for ya. The neck is seriously fucking butter.

Back