Guitar jack adaptor

razz1

Hi all , just wondering , so the jack on guitar is sunk in quite a bit in the body and I want to plug in a wireless transmitter and so I need an extension adaptor so it sticks out a bit more. Do you know , do I need like a 1/4 inch TS male by 1/4 inch TS female for the extension? As far as I understand , there are different sets of rings on a jack that some can cut off some signal like mono as opposed to stereo, or say , a difference between TS , TRS , or TRRS. I just want a straight through adaptor just to deliver the full normal sound through the adaptor. Thanks for any help

Well , i been looking and it seems the Ancable right angle ones or the Hosa ones are the only ones i see, on Amazon they got some rough reviews for connection issues , also i dont see a straight one anywhere .

I had the same challenge a few years back and ended up turning that particular wireless unit...

Most likely a right-angle adapter would face the same issues with your deep-set input jack.

You could build one...

Picture would help. If it is a conventional jack in a recessed plate you can get a long threaded switchcraft jack that can be positioned without any washer . This moves the whole thing up enough in all but the most extreme situations.

Back