Greta Van Fleet Best Guitar Solo of the 21st Century???

Byrdman

Roadie

For some reason, I never got into Greta Van Fleet much but I guess I should try again. I also always take Guitar Worlds click-bait articles with a grain of salt, but what do you guys think? Is the guitar work really that good? I think the solo is good, but not sure if its the Greatest Solo of the 21st Century. I do think they are a little refreshing compared to all the popular crap out now, but is that a reason to call them the greatest at something? I mean just because everything else out is garbage, does that make you really the best?

I have always thought GVF sounded a lot like a Led Zep spinoff, but missing something. I dont think they are necessarily a copy band either because to me they do have some cool, unique songs. I just haven't been able to get into their music, but maybe I should try to listen to more of their stuff.

Is it the best solo of the last 25 years? If not, what do you think is better? Thoughts???

Not a fan even though I’ve given them a chance. The singer absolutely ruins the band for me along with her image…
Thumbs Down GIF by Marko Penn

Not a fan even though I’ve given them a chance. The singer absolutely ruins the band for me along with her image…
Thumbs Down GIF by Marko Penn

Yeah, that singer just doesn't do it for me. I think they are talented and tight, but just couldn't get into her singing either. If they had someone like Perry Ferrell singing I would like it more.

Better? Here's one I'd vote for- "feels", a little shred, short & to-the-point, sounds so creamy, and to my ears, makes a statement that tells you the song is almost over. (Cued up)

It's one thing to wear your influences on your sleeve. These guys take it to a whole different level. Everything about them looks/sounds derivative in the worst way possible. Someone tell the lead singer he's not Robert Plant or Freddie Mercury. He tries too hard to ape both of them with his voice/moves. Makes it impossible for me to get through an entire video of them.

Back