Going down the Amplitube 5 rabbithole

paisleywookiee

Rock Star
Downloaded it, because I had bought the Mesa pack awhile ago, and not gelled with it. Well, I don't know if I'm remembering wrong, or what. But it's sounding damn fine this afternoon. Anyone know what version allows for IR's, if any? I don't mind the stock cabs, but I'd like to also be able to use my old standbys, namely York.

p.s. The Mesa Boogie Triple Crown is legit. Sounds awesome, just like the real thing, baby. Donde esta el Badlander?

I’ve been looking at IK with the whole ToneX thing coming down the pipe.

Amplitube has an iPad app? (I have a bunch of Neural plugs whenever I want to do the desktop thing, interested in an iPad app for random silent sessions)

I’ve been looking at IK with the whole ToneX thing coming down the pipe.

Amplitube has an iPad app? (I have a bunch of Neural plugs whenever I want to do the desktop thing, interested in an iPad app for random silent sessions)
Yeah, I’ve got to download it again. Haven’t tried it in awhile either.

Okay seriously, I bought Amplitube 5 Max Turbo Spec-V Type-R GT Nismo, and I cannot for the life of me find the goddamned IR loader. Can someone with it just screencap it for me, since clearly I’m blind and/or stupid?

Okay seriously, I bought Amplitube 5 Max Turbo Spec-V Type-R GT Nismo, and I cannot for the life of me find the goddamned IR loader. Can someone with it just screencap it for me, since clearly I’m blind and/or stupid?
It's at the very top of the cabinet list.

1664366627470.png

They do, but it's apparently not the same thing as the desktop Amplitube 5, and they aren't cross compatible. I likely would've bought it if it were, because modeling apps on an iPad is a surprisingly great experience with very low latency. Bias (and maybe THU?) has 1:1 modeling parity on the app vs. the desktop version. Just not Amplitube :(

The max version of Amplitube is very good. The compressors and eq's kick ass. The fact the you can put two of Jimi's JBL's into Satch's Greenback cab for an EVH cab is just a lot of fun.

They do, but it's apparently not the same thing as the desktop Amplitube 5, and they aren't cross compatible. I likely would've bought it if it were, because modeling apps on an iPad is a surprisingly great experience with very low latency. Bias (and maybe THU?) has 1:1 modeling parity on the app vs. the desktop version. Just not Amplitube :(

Agh, that sucks. I wonder if the upcoming ToneX app will differ from the desktop version too. I was really wanting to build a little iPad setup with their portable iRig interfaces.

Back