General eq for guitars.

It you have to eq, use subtractive eq.
Take away things before you add.
If you have 2 separate sources, try panning them to see what gives you a better sound.

In the future, always find the sweet spot for your mics before recording. Engineering the sound is an important aspect of the recording process.

Best of luck!

I know it's a household rule but I am now just understanding the idea of reducing gain on the guitars when multitracking.

I've reduced the gain by about 30 percent when double tracking and the results are shocking. The clarity is so much better but still very much that high gain tone.

Anyway, I'm sure it's a staple for most of you but I finally see the light 😂

I know it's a household rule but I am now just understanding the idea of reducing gain on the guitars when multitracking.

I've reduced the gain by about 30 percent when double tracking and the results are shocking. The clarity is so much better but still very much that high gain tone.

Anyway, I'm sure it's a staple for most of you but I finally see the light 😂
The only rule are there are no hard fast rules

But yea, always try and reduce/increase/pan/raise/lower whatever and see what works. No doubt.

And now try to add another take, this time using an almost clean sound. Just mix it in lightly, could as well be heavily EQ-ed (so you only get what is important from that track, namely some transients somewhere in the mids).

Back