GBG120 - Tube Amp by ZUTA

gearJunkie

Shredder

$3999

This thing looks awesome :love

@BigHairyGuitars , excellent demo!

Last edited:
EL34s and 6L6s
Let’s not forget about the tubes – with 12AX7 tubes in the pre-amp section, KT88, KT77, 6550, 6L6 and EL34 tubes in any combination in the power-amp section.
4 channels
built in gate
series / parallel effects loop

🤯

That's pretty cool. The design is delightfully "industrial" and I like that they use a Noctua fan in the back to cool it. I love the big buttons for selecting channels from the front panel.

Separate solo and main fx loops is neat. Nobody says you need to use it for actual solos but could run two totally different fx chains you can switch with one button.

The switchable tube thing is IMO not that useful

16 kg/35 lbs weight is less than I expected.

Not having MIDI for switching is weak shit though.

This is way too expensive to import but at least it's something a bit different in a sea of "me too" amps that come out every year.

That's pretty cool. The design is delightfully "industrial" and I like that they use a Noctua fan in the back to cool it. I love the big buttons for selecting channels from the front panel.

Separate solo and main fx loops is neat. Nobody says you need to use it for actual solos but could run two totally different fx chains you can switch with one button.

The switchable tube thing is IMO not that useful

16 kg/35 lbs weight is less than I expected.

Not having MIDI for switching is weak shit though.

This is way too expensive to import but at least it's something a bit different in a sea of "me too" amps that come out every year.
Well stated. I agree with you on every point. I would definitely love some hands-on time with this amp,

I saw this the other day. Really cool piece of hardware, but I'm not fully convinced it could add to or replace things I already have. I do like the plethora of sounds it's capable of. And I did hear a difference with the power tubes. That doesn't always come across well. It'll be on my radar and I wouldn't be opposed to picking one up is it came up used at a good price.

There is a big glaring thing it's missing, there's no MIDI switching. With all the channels and built in selectable options MIDI is almost required to get the most out of it.

Last edited:
Back