Fripp, Vai, BEAT, and the Court of the Crimson King

Piing

Shredder
I was going to share this video that contains great insights about this epic song at the "What are you listening wight now" thread, but let's open a new door to give an opportunity to millennials to get into KC.

Anyone attending the tour of the new super-group with Fripp, Vai, Adrian Belew, Tony Levin and Danny Carey?
The tour started yesterday at The Parker, Fort Lauderdale, FL. No gigs announced yet in Bangkok 😢

Is that a fully scalloped JEM?

“Steve Vai is the only guitarist who could play my parts. I’m totally psyched for this”: Robert Fripp gives his blessing for a new King Crimson supergroup, featuring Steve Vai, Adrian Belew, Tony Levin and Danny Carey

“His style is so specific and refined. It's not something I could just jump into”: Steve Vai explains the hardest part of replicating Robert Fripp’s playing style

A big part of why this will likely work out well would be that Robert Fripp is just one of the most excellent gentlemen around. Also an incredibly funny guy.
If you folks haven't seen Toyah's and his "Sunday Lunch" video series that they started during the Covid lockdowns, I highly recommend doing so.
I mean, come on, the guy is in his mid 70s here, she's 10 years younger - and I can only hope to age like that!

I'm really bummed I missed that show at the Parker. I'm not the biggest KC fan, so when I heard they were doing the more oddball 80's stuff, I was less than interested. And then a live video started playing from the recent shows and I don't think I heard a single song I didn't think was cool as fuck. I don't know if it's just me having a different appreciation for it, or it was their versions of the songs, the Vai thing certainly doesn't hurt, but I loved all of what I heard.

Back