Friedman JEL 20w Live

cragginshred

Roadie
This was last Fri, had the amp 2 days. Initial thoughts were it's not as 'big' sounding as my Wizard, then once the Sennheiser 906 kicked the cab to house it was Huge!!
Interesting side note. I always use more gain than I need. Lately been dialing it back more but when i hear clips it's always more than percieved while playing -why??

This was last Fri, had the amp 2 days. Initial thoughts were it's not as 'big' sounding as my Wizard, then once the Sennheiser 906 kicked the cab to house it was Huge!!
Interesting side note. I always use more gain than I need. Lately been dialing it back more but when i hear clips it's always more than percieved while playing -why??

You’re just used to playing with a lot of gain so it sounds normal to you. I watched your vid and you were talking about AC/DC percussiveness while playing with about twice as much gain (I.e. compression) as AC/DC.

Start playing with a LOT less gain at home and get used to it. Will probably make pinch harmonics and tapping a bit harder to pull off, but those techniques seem a lot less important in the context of this new more dance/party focused band?

Back