Friedman IR-X Firmware Update 1.20

nicolasrivera

Roadie

Release Notes

In an effort to address a few issues brought to our attention by users, we’ve done a firmware revision for the IR-X. This is Firmware Update 1.20
Plugging in the unit to the software on a computer with an internet connection will automatically update your unit to the new firmware. Changes are as follows —
1. Volume pot changes slower, more volume on send, unlikely to clip when maxed out.
2. When sending PC from MIDI it reads from stored memory and will replace the internal memory from the stored one.
3. GAP (mute time) when making changes reduced from 20ms to 12ms.
Thank you!

395991346_18395177548002172_6814189371924273948_n.jpg

Oh man that’s really cool to see. I’m surprised they could update the volume pot as I thought that was analog.

Interested to see how the gap reduction works, I’ve noticed issues changing from dirty to clean with midi as there’s a volume jump toggling effects.

It absolutely fixed the gap and pop switching channels, .. happy camper here! :guiness

Mine still has a little bit of gap and lag, which causes the volume to jump a bit when switching sometimes. It's better when running through the loop of the Axe FX 3 compared to the HX Effects. But overall it's better for sure.

Mine still has a little bit of gap and lag, which causes the volume to jump a bit when switching sometimes. It's better when running through the loop of the Axe FX 3 compared to the HX Effects. But overall it's better for sure.
Th release note said gap dropped from .20 to .12 or something like that. Very noticeable and way less annoying to my ears.

Release Notes

In an effort to address a few issues brought to our attention by users, we’ve done a firmware revision for the IR-X. This is Firmware Update 1.20
Plugging in the unit to the software on a computer with an internet connection will automatically update your unit to the new firmware. Changes are as follows —
1. Volume pot changes slower, more volume on send, unlikely to clip when maxed out.
2. When sending PC from MIDI it reads from stored memory and will replace the internal memory from the stored one.
3. GAP (mute time) when making changes reduced from 20ms to 12ms.
Thank you!

View attachment 12912
Wish they had implemented a skin change feature/button to flip between normal and special edition colour scheme. Wonder if this will ever feature in an update? I'm sure it wouldn't have been hard to implement.

Attachments

• 2023-11-26.jpg
    2023-11-26.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 61
  • test.jpg
    test.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Back