Fractal Expression Pedal

Stone

Rock Star
Howdy all, so I connected my Fractal EXP Pedal since i got my wire yesterday
Did the calibration pedal display moved so its recognized, thing is it dont work in my patches
Like how do I assign it to be a wah or volume or effect level control
anybody have any insight as to why its not working ? I f i load a wah block it seems to be greyed out and on the wah screen on FM edit the value does not move as i move the pedal ? shut is showing active and the did i miss something >?

Thank all

Howdy all, so I connected my Fractal EXP Pedal since i got my wire yesterday
Did the calibration pedal display moved so its recognized, thing is it dont work in my patches
Like how do I assign it to be a wah or volume or effect level control
anybody have any insight as to why its not working ? I f i load a wah block it seems to be greyed out and on the wah screen on FM edit the value does not move as i move the pedal ? shut is showing active and the did i miss something >?

Thank all
I'll see if I can find a video but you need to go into the wah parameters (and any block you want to use the exp for) and click the "modifier" knob on whichever parameter you want associated with it. Depending on where you have the exp plugged in you would select the appropriate option.

IMG_0964.jpeg

Then you have to decide what you’re going to control. I run 4 expression pedals with the first one controlling output volume.

The others are all tied to modifiers in different f/x blocks

IMG_0965.jpeg
IMG_0699.jpeg

4 on the floor

L->R general config

Modulation (Chrs/flng or trem phsr rtry)
Delays (2-3, mix/repeats)
Wah
Volume

Editing in the editor, right click on the parameters you want to control Ex: the wah block control setting and choose source 1 as your pedal. You can also choose auto engage settings there.

On the device, edit the block, ex: wah - select the wah control knob, press E physical button to get to modifier select your pedal, page over to select auto engage.

Search for golden wah settings for a cool alternative to auto engage

View attachment 6655

Then you have to decide what you’re going to control. I run 4 expression pedals with the first one controlling output volume.

The others are all tied to modifiers in different f/x blocks

View attachment 6656View attachment 6657

4 on the floor

L->R general config

Modulation (Chrs/flng or trem phsr rtry)
Delays (2-3, mix/repeats)
Wah
Volume
Dang I never thought of positioning the III like a desktop PC

Editing in the editor, right click on the parameters you want to control Ex: the wah block control setting and choose source 1 as your pedal. You can also choose auto engage settings there.

On the device, edit the block, ex: wah - select the wah control knob, press E physical button to get to modifier select your pedal, page over to select auto engage.

Search for golden wah settings for a cool alternative to auto engage
Cool thanks that works
PS i should have RTFM :D

Last edited:
THis is the biggest problem I have with fractal gear. If I bring up a wah block and there’s an expression pedal connected, I should just get a pop up that says “connect to pedal 1” and not have to do all this crap. Do you know how hard it was to set up a whammy pedal or a ring modulator sweep? Fractal has the best sounds and amazing effects, but the usability of simple stuff like this leaves a lot to be desired.

THis is the biggest problem I have with fractal gear. If I bring up a wah block and there’s an expression pedal connected, I should just get a pop up that says “connect to pedal 1” and not have to do all this crap. Do you know how hard it was to set up a whammy pedal or a ring modulator sweep? Fractal has the best sounds and amazing effects, but the usability of simple stuff like this leaves a lot to be desired.

How was setting up the Whammy hard? I just assigned the Control to the expression pedal and I was done, for a traditional Whammy thing.

How was setting up the Whammy hard? I just assigned the Control to the expression pedal and I was done, for a traditional Whammy thing.
Then you’re smarter than me lol

I had to set up a curve for it. I watched someone do it on youtube and copied them. What it might be is that I have the expression pedal set up on touch control. So when it’s at zero, the effect is off. Maybe that’s why it was complex, I don’t fully remember, it’s been at least a year since I set it up.

Then you’re smarter than me lol

I had to set up a curve for it. I watched someone do it on youtube and copied them. What it might be is that I have the expression pedal set up on touch control. So when it’s at zero, the effect is off. Maybe that’s why it was complex, I don’t fully remember, it’s been at least a year since I set it up.

I think there was some funkiness with it not hitting 100% when at toe down, I think I just adjusted the Scale or something but I could be thinking of something else entirely.

Back