Forthcoming Godin Lerxst (Alex Lifeson) Hentor Sportscaster model

gonzoknife

Groupie
Today the first episode of the Premier Guitar/Chris Shiflett podcast Shred with Shifty was released. It's him interviewing Alex Lifeson and getting a lesson on the Limelight solo (I'm a HUGE Rush nerd). It's a great interview. Go watch it.

In it, Alex is playing a red super Strat with a Lerxst logo on the headstock. In the Alex Instagram post on it, Alex says "a perfect time to bench-test a guitar!".
1689284430239.png

Reading through the Instagram comments someone asks about it and a guy responds:

1689284006149.png

fdsfilly is a guy named Fred Di Santo. Google tells me Fred di Santo is sales/artist relations at Godin.

A Hentor Sportscaster model????? It has what looks to be a Bill Lawrence bridge pickup and the LP style pickup selector on the bottom horn. Will it be 24.75 scale??? I have questions and I'm saving my money.

Oh fuck yes! I saw the newest Epi and that’s a pass but this? A Godin made Sportscaster? Sign me up!

That's awesome! I saw the interview and was wondering who made that for him. I'll be saving up for sure, as I'm a HUGE Alex nerd.

I have contacted Godin in this matter and they tell me that there are no plans for this Lifeson related model……… the plot …….. thickens…….
Let’s just hope they do a better job than Gibson did hey?!

I have contacted Godin in this matter and they tell me that there are no plans for this Lifeson related model……… the plot …….. thickens…….
Let’s just hope they do a better job than Gibson did hey?!

You don’t have to pose as a random fan to drum up interest in an sig Strat, Alex, people here already said they’ll buy one, just release it. :rofl

I know about Anderson but it’s out of my budget, so is Vigier.
I’m not sure Charvel has any current ones.. ESP has a signature model tele with a 24.75” scale.
Being in Canada, Godins are easy to move around.

Yeah Charvel hasn’t had anything current since the Fusion models. Only other thing would be the current Kramer Nightswans but that all depends on how you feel about Kramers.

Reactions: V|J
Yeah Charvel hasn’t had anything current since the Fusion models. Only other thing would be the current Kramer Nightswans but that all depends on how you feel about Kramers.
Yeah, I don’t even want a super strat really but a smaller scale length + thin neck, which mostly happens in the superstrat land.
Will keep exploring!

Back