FM3, XLR to TS

@TubeStack is right, that's the wrong XLR to TS.

I haven't done it, but it should work.

However, and only theorising here: Out 2 has the Humbuster TRS-TS, Out 1 XLR doesn't have the humbuster tech built in because it's balanced - so you could run into a ground hum issue on Out 1 if you convert to TS and connect to a PA.

Or it might be totally fine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@TubeStack is right, that's the wrong XLR to TS.

I haven't done it, but it should work.

However, and only theorising here: Out 2 has the Humbuster TRS-TS, Out 1 XLR doesn't have the humbuster tech built in because it's balanced - so you could run into a ground hum issue on Out 1 if you convert to TS and connect to a PA.

Or it might be totally fine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanks gents. Argh. I wonder if I’d have issues with that. I didn’t think of that. EXCEPT…..I ran regular TS to TS from output 2 into the amp in question, and I got no hum. I wonder if that’s an indication it’ll work this new way?

Thanks gents. Argh. I wonder if I’d have issues with that. I didn’t think of that. EXCEPT…..I ran regular TS to TS from output 2 into the amp in question, and I got no hum. I wonder if that’s an indication it’ll work this new way?

That does indeed sound encouraging. Might as well give it a go.

Is it an SS power amp? I've had some hum issues with a tube power section, even when using the same wall outlet.

Whilst we're on the subject though... I read in another post somewhere that Cliff has said that there is better low-noise components / pathways in the FM9 than the FM3 (similar to the Axe-Fx III).

Having owned the FM9, @JiveTurkey, do you know if this is true? I didn't like the hum with the FM3 in the Bella FX loop (it wasn't toooo bad, but it irritated me). I've read that FM3 is even worse for noise in 4CM, wheras the FM9 isn't.

I'm mostly playing the FM3 through an SS power amp now, which is totally silent. But it's a shame about the Bella + FM3.

Whilst we're on the subject though... I read in another post somewhere that Cliff has said that there is better low-noise components / pathways in the FM9 than the FM3 (similar to the Axe-Fx III).

Having owned the FM9, @JiveTurkey, do you know if this is true? I didn't like the hum with the FM3 in the Bella FX loop (it wasn't toooo bad, but it irritated me). I've read that FM3 is even worse for noise in 4CM, wheras the FM9 isn't.

I'm mostly playing the FM3 through an SS power amp now, which is totally silent. But it's a shame about the Bella + FM3.
I never tried FM3 in 4cm because the xlr to ts cable I got was too short for that and I didn't want, like or need the pre effects in it to futz wit at the time. That Klon in the 9 though; man. Great drive.

Guys. It’s been 12 hours. Why hasn’t my post been answered with very specific and detailed responses?
I was going to answer as soon as I saw it, but since I don’t have a Fractal and don’t know exactly how their outputs are configured, I thought I might be speaking out of my butt.

Not actually sure why that stopped me this time. Not like it has before 🤔😂

Back