Floyd in ‘87

DrewJD82

Staff member
Just came across this and hadn’t actually seen it before. Most Floyd fans are certainly familiar with the Delicate Sound Of Thunder show, which I’m not a huge fan of as it was shot over a couple different nights and edited to sh*t and back with a lot of footage not being from the night of the audio. This is a pro-shot vid and has pretty damn good audio, really impressed by the low end. Definitely soundboard recording, some of the stuff is so dry you can tell they were relying on the arena for any reverb.

Looks like Gilmour is using some graphite/black plastic retainer tree on the Red Strat, which I’d never seen before.

Just came across this and hadn’t actually seen it before. Most Floyd fans are certainly familiar with the Delicate Sound Of Thunder show, which I’m not a huge fan of as it was shot over a couple different nights and edited to sh*t and back with a lot of footage not being from the night of the audio. This is a pro-shot vid and has pretty damn good audio, really impressed by the low end. Definitely soundboard recording, some of the stuff is so dry you can tell they were relying on the arena for any reverb.

Looks like Gilmour is using some graphite/black plastic retainer tree on the Red Strat, which I’d never seen before.

I totally agree about the official DSoT release. At the time, I was sooooo looking forward to that video after seeing the show live and being blown away. That video had so much crap editing, stop-action, slo-mo, bad shot angles, etc. that I almost threw it in the garbage.

At least Pulse was done much better.

I too saw that tour, twice: Opening night at the Capitol Centre in Largo, then at RFK later in the tour. One of the 3 best arena shows I ever saw, along with Muse and Journey. And I too was tripping, although not "balls", and the pig got stuck, and started to inflate before the crew got it completely out. So when it popped out, it was like 20,000 people all suddenly ducked!!

I too saw that tour, twice: Opening night at the Capitol Centre in Largo, then at RFK later in the tour. One of the 3 best arena shows I ever saw, along with Muse and Journey. And I too was tripping, although not "balls", and the pig got stuck, and started to inflate before the crew got it completely out. So when it popped out, it was like 20,000 people all suddenly ducked!!

Hahaha I probably said it before, but one of the shows my dad caught in Mass the pig dipped low enough into the crowd that the audience yanked a hold of it and kept trying to get it down while the stage crew were rushing to help the one guy holding the wire who was getting flopped around like a horrible handjob. :rofl Nick Mason said these issues were exactly why they were docked on the sides of the stage in ‘94.

Also, if someone can make a GIF of Gilmour doing the airplane dance in “Learning To Fly“ (the bridge section when the vocals come back in), I’d be super happy. Right around 19:46

Back