First gig with the new band

The drummer brought the PA, and as a fellow drummer and FoH pawn, I felt all his pain at the end of the night. I couldn't just stand there and wait to get paid :bag.

The organist brought a moving carpet and a hand truck.

That's good band membering. :beer If it's a team, then it's a team.

The ones who stand around while the others load-in and load-out
are a special kind of stoooopid! Of course, we do love it when they
also get in the way and stand in the doorway talking while you are
holding something heavy--then act all surprised that they are in your
way.

Oh! So sorry!!!

That's good band membering. :beer If it's a team, then it's a team.

The ones who stand around while the others load-in and load-out
are a special kind of stoooopid! Of course, we do love it when they
also get in the way and stand in the doorway talking while you are
holding something heavy--then act all surprised that they are in your
way.

Oh! So sorry!!!
I'll take Vocalists for 500, Alex

I'll take Vocalists for 500, Alex
Singers in my band are great. Mainly because they all play an instrument. The singer we started off with wouldn't buy his own practice PA so we could hear him. It was a wonderful way to make sure he found another project to keep himself busy with :knit

I think it is great we can do so much with such compact gear. It's amazing! We are
beyond blessed in that regard. :beer

Something uniquely special about an Hammond and Leslie in a room, though. VERY special. :headbang

I think it is great we can do so much with such compact gear. It's amazing! We are
beyond blessed in that regard. :beer

Something uniquely special about an Hammond and Leslie in a room, though. VERY special. :headbang
Yeah it's quite a sight. Even the passerbys had to stop and look at what he had set up. Not many Hammond organs in small pubs, at least the one he had was the small one

:farley

Looking at their old videos, their last guitarist just used a 1x12 combo, usually straight in so that's about as compact and as convenient as it gets. Some songs they do I refuse to play without a sprinkling of effects. Lonely Boy doesn't sound the same without the whammy effect

It's 3am, I'm finally settled in bed. I had my first gig with the new band after only two short practices and it went pretty well although I almost thought I had brought a knife to a gunfight.

I should have snapped a picture of the organists rig: a Hammond into a mixer rack with a TC FX unit into an old Hiwatt 100w head on top of a Marshall 4x12. The bassist had a SS Mesa head and 2x12 cab. I had my 100w Boss Katana combo with a Celestion Creamback acting as a powered cab for my HX Stomp.

That organ rig was loud but my Katana kept up well on 50w mode at noon, Stomp main knob at 1:00. The organist was right in front of his rig but said he could hear me just fine on the other side of the bass and drums, which was weird because I was standing to the side of my amp so didn't hear it clearly until I walked out in front of it.

This was my first gig without IEMs since 2019 so I felt a little naked because I couldn't hear myself sing. I want to check out all of the other venues they play before deciding on whether or not I want to bring my full blown IEM rig to the gigs.

OK sleepy time

Yeah it's quite a sight. Even the passerbys had to stop and look at what he had set up. Not many Hammond organs in small pubs, at least the one he had was the small one

:farley

Looking at their old videos, their last guitarist just used a 1x12 combo, usually straight in so that's about as compact and as convenient as it gets. Some songs they do I refuse to play without a sprinkling of effects. Lonely Boy doesn't sound the same without the whammy effect

What's the name of the band?

Back