Fire up your 4X12’s for the 4th!

Post pics of your 4X12’s & let us know
what’s inside( wiring & ohms details welcomed).
I thought it’d be a rad thread/discussion with pics.
Fire in the hole🤘🏻

Zilla 4X12 Oversize with slightly slanted
baffle in red elephant tolex with small check
grill cloth.
Loaded with a quad of EVH Greenbacks
(Heritage) wired to 16ohm.
Also has caster fixtures installed and ready for the mission.

“The Manhattan Skyline of mids”….
It’s everything I’ve wanted in a 4X12.
It was a gamble going with Greenbacks in an
OS cabinet..the slightly slanted top baffle really helps with that and for low volume 4X12 gettin’ after it,
it rules.
It’s not dolphin butthole tight, “juicy tight”.

Honestly, I knew it was my last 4X12 and had the Lenz Hot chili in the pipeline..
Zilla makes Lenz’s cabinetry so that was
a score of win🤘🏻

Attachments

• IMG_2990.jpeg
    IMG_2990.jpeg
    563.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
the orange has T75s and the peavey has K85s. i use them both a lot now, one on each side of drums.

View attachment 24970
Hey man, I can agree by nature with the
words on the poster on my bottom left.
The image had me conjure a mixture of
the Statue of Liberty & Jesus Christ..and some old school Tron action.
I dig your guitar also..an Adam Jones Firebird🎯
Word!

I played this VHT Fatbottom 4x12 yesterday. It has the stock P50E speakers and can do 4 Ohms with all speakers in parallel, 16 Ohms with parallel / series wiring, or 8 Ohms per side with stereo pairs. I cranked the JP2C model from the Axe-FX III and powered the cab with the QSC PLX3402 amp you see on top of it. Good times were had.

1720226760061.jpeg

I played this VHT Fatbottom 4x12 yesterday. It has the stock P50E speakers and can do 4 Ohms with all speakers in parallel, 16 Ohms with parallel / series wiring, or 8 Ohms per side with stereo pairs. I cranked the JP2C model from the Axe-FX III and powered the cab with the QSC PLX3402 amp you see on top of it. Good times were had.

View attachment 24986
The OG right there!!
I remember that cab & speakers very well.
The Butterslax was killer with that cab/speakers.
Those are truely sealed back and punch like hell.
Dude, awesome wiring & routing.
Awesome!

I've done that in a new house, still under construction..., hardwood floors and drywall installed, but nothing else in the rooms. Big open, 2-story high ceilings, with an open staircase, so basically lots of cubic feet for those air waves! Yeah, it sounded other-worldly!

And in my current home, (when it ain't so fucking hot outside; I HATE this heat!), I'll roll my 2 4x12 cabs out on my back porch and crank it up. My backyard is bordered by woods, with the nearest neighbor about 1.5 miles away.

Plus, it wouldn't really matter, since there's no noise ordinances in the county. Those notes cascade through the trees, and echo back towards me!

Let's see a pedal copy THAT reverb!

I don't know how to dial in that on a Fractal! :stirthepot

Byrdman: "Check out these amps!"
Me: "Oh wow that wooden floor is gorgeous!"

The amps and LP are whopper too!
Thanks! This house we moved in to 7 years ago has very nice real wood floor almost throughout the home. My wife doesnt like like them as much as I do because they are a little beat up from use over the years, but they look great to me.

Thanks! This house we moved in to 7 years ago has very nice real wood floor almost throughout the home. My wife doesnt like like them as much as I do because they are a little beat up from use over the years, but they look great to me.

Great! I love a real timber floor, especially if it's got timber pins as well, a few scuffs or scratches is just part of the character.

Back