FINALLY the ball is rolling and $hits getting real

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
My wife is finally 100% all in to GTFO of New Mexico. Looking like Spring of 2024 at this point but that all depends on how fast the house sells and a bunch of other little crap I won't bother mentioning. There are some thing I will miss for sure and some things I'm NOT looking forward to being back in NH but overall it's just not working out for us here and we aren't getting any younger.

We are going back to NH. Homeward bound.

If ya stick to the lower half of NH, I might be able to grab a beer with ya sometime! I generally fly into Logan and then either hang in Boston or make a straight shot to Maine, but now with a friend living in Portsmouth I’ll probably be doing some overnights there.

My wife is finally 100% all in to GTFO of New Mexico. Looking like Spring of 2024 at this point but that all depends on how fast the house sells and a bunch of other little crap I won't bother mentioning. There are some thing I will miss for sure and some things I'm NOT looking forward to being back in NH but overall it's just not working out for us here and we aren't getting any younger.

We are going back to NH. Homeward bound.
Trading the dry heat for some chillier weather. I prefer chilly to heat anyhow - I despise Summer except for late spring and Summer food production.

I've considered moving to Santa Fe before

NH seems cool too though. Glad your following your path :D

Hopefully gig poacher doesn't follow you

Santa Fe is fantastic to visit. A bit too bourgeoisie for me as far as the folk there but I have spent a lot of time in Santa Fe. I have a gig coming up there in a couple weeks.

If ya stick to the lower half of NH, I might be able to grab a beer with ya sometime! I generally fly into Logan and then either hang in Boston or make a straight shot to Maine, but now with a friend living in Portsmouth I’ll probably be doing some overnights there.

I wont be all that far from Boston. Southern NH is most likely where we will end up. Shooting for Derry/Londonderry, Amherst area.

From New Mexico to New Hampshire? You just don't like anything used, huh? :banana

Seriously though, I don't blame you. I'd never move back to the SW, because they'll be uninhabitable in a decade or two anyway.

For us it's been a culture shock that hasn't subsided in 4 years. Nothing really negative to say as far as the people in general. Aloof and ignorant I guess but whatever. I think the best relationships I have had out here have been with Navajo people. I have several Navajo friends here and they are all outstanding and honest people and just a joy to be around.

For us it's been a culture shock that hasn't subsided in 4 years. Nothing really negative to say as far as the people in general. Aloof and ignorant I guess but whatever. I think the best relationships I have had out here have been with Navajo people. I have several Navajo friends here and they are all outstanding and honest people and just a joy to be around.
That’s really cool about the Navajo.

Aloof and ignorant can pretty much be any State in the nation. People are too caught up in their own heads.

Aloof and ignorant can pretty much be any State in the nation. People are too caught up in their own heads.

Thats a good point for sure. just an observation from 4 years here. Comparatively I guess. This is the land of manana btw lol

Yeah man, good luck - I'm happy for you. I think you have to be born in the SW to be able to deal with it. It's truly like another fookin' planet. I lived outside of Phoenix for 6 years before I couldn't take it anymore.

Edit: 5hit, I forgot - meant to 2nd/3rd the Navajo, they are the coolest mofo's ever! Impressive bunch!

Last edited:
I've traveled to NM a lot as it's one of the few places outside of Colorado you can drive to in under a day worth going to, it's definitely different there... I'd go as far to say I even almost feel something different in the air as soon as I cross the border. Mystical land of enchantment indeed

Back